1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Linea T-Jet Plus - EQ vs IQ

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by xplorauto, Nov 1, 2011.

1. I picked up a punto way back in 2009.it was a diesel dynamic.I had booked it in august.Car came in,around the first week of September.It was an FPZ,which means it was mfgd in June.I had bought the car,then noticed that it had a small bulge in the front bumper.Got it corrected from the TASS.But my car is mechanically sound and dint have any problems which many of the 09 cars had.So dont take all these things in a big way(if the dealer sorts it out)and cancel the booking.Afterall a FIAT is anyday worth it.We then picked up 10 Palio Mjd(2008 mfg,bought in 2010) in coimbatore for a discounted price.It was from FIAT directly.None of the cars had any problems.All of them had dead batteries,thats all.cvanand s mjd is one among them.So ask your dealer to sort out things and pick up the T jet.It will turn out to be the most trouble free T jet ever.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Ravi, even I believed in the same but gave into the temptation of the TJet. I am trying to keep the enthusiasm alive

I cannot compromise on quality especially in a car that is costing around 1 million bucks. I am ok if no discounts are provided, but I need a top quality car. There should not be any rust on the body of the car. If there is, it could mean trouble later on
  3. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    @speedJet. From the snapshots that I have seen, the car allotted to you is in a far worse than what I was allotted with. But despite that I am pushing the guys at Tata & Fiat hard for a replacement. So far the sales manager at the dealership is backing me up. So I am gonna hold my horses for a while and give them an opportunity to correct themselves. That's as far as I can go for passion sake!!

Being passionate for something is one thing but being taken for a ride is quite another. It's for the passion of people like you, me and many other T-Jeters that we ignore the soaring cost of petrol and still endorse products like the T-Jet. Where Fiat & Tata should go a step further to acknowledge and incentivise folks like us, they seem to be milking our passion to their own benefit adopting unfair means.

I for sure won't accept the currently allotted unit. My passion can drive me only so far as my wisdom does not get mocked at. By doing what they did, I see them having attempted to ridicule our passion & wisdom. I won't take that lying down and so shouldn't you.

If they don't replace our units, I feel we should jointly take up the issue with C&B, Autocar, Overdrive or any other major auto forum. Remember the infamous Skoda episode on Team-BHP and how an example was made out of that dubious dealer? If they try to mess around with the refund, I would not hesitate to move the consumer court. Doesn't matter if it takes time.

So lets value our passion and keep the faith...
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Folks, I'm happy to announce that the matter stands resolved. It was a bit of give and take on both sides that finally sealed the deal. I may not be able to reveal the details of it but the guy, Saikumar, at Aadya pulled off a fantastic negotiation backed it up with multiple confidence boosting acts to turn the deal around.

Honestly, if Fiat has to reverse its fortunes in this country, it needs many more guys like him. Fiat's own guys are a bunch of duds and they tend to be far removed from the voice of the customer. That seems to be the problem.

Anyways, the delivery is on the next Friday(travelling mid week) of the coming week. So, one more crazy T-Jetter in the times of soaring petrol prices....

Let's begin the journey...
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ congrats!! great to know that!! is it the same car that was allotted to you before or a different one
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations.
    This is really eye opener. Most of the time we just put the blame on dealers. Looks Fiat needs to think if they want to stay in India.

Do update this thread with your experience with Aadya Motors - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1746-New-Tata-Fiat-Showroom-in-Bangalore-Aadya-Motors
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats xplorauto!

Do share the details of the package you have been offered (apart from the discount, if you dont wish to), and your experience with Fiat / Tata officials. It will help us all as well as potential future owners.
  8. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    No, it was the same car...that was the 'give' part from my side...
    But the 'take' part from my side is what made the deal sweet enough...
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    xplorayto congrats !!!

I could not understsnd. Can you pm the exact details?
  10. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Apart from the additional monetary benefit, all the parts that I had issues with were replaced, a special extended warranty was thrown at free of cost, the car was accessorized to the hilt. That apart the co-operation that Saikumar extended was simply exemplary. To quote an instance...

I know this gentleman, who has done his automobile engineering from UK, who services the absolute creme-de-la-creme of cars including bentleys, porche etc. A friend of mine who gets his Landrover serviced from him introduced me to him. I was shocked to see the kind of high-end cars that bee-line to his garage. Luckily he turned out to be a Fiat enthusiast and services select vehicles that come through reference. He got his entire team down to do a thorough inspection of the vehicle for any possible issues.

All that was accommodated with a smile...

Which dealer of what brand allows you to do that? I can't think of any...

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Well, I had the choice of waiting 3 months for the new production to start but then no discounts on those cars would be available...

The other option was to take any car of the current lot and get a sweet deal.

I simply didn't have the luxury of waiting for 3 months. My wife needed a car ASAP. So settled for the later option.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011