1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Linea T-Jet Plus - EQ vs IQ

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by xplorauto, Nov 1, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Even I wont and cannot trust the repairs done by dealer.
    So either go for a fresh car or wait until for some positive response.
  2. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Thanks guys for the generous response. Much appreciated!!!

I wish it were but I doubt that. No where else in the world has the Linea been upgraded / face-lifted. The models available even in the Latin-American and Turkish market merely have additional integrated reverse parking sensors as option. They do have better engine options though which I don't think would make it to the Indian market in a hurry. Yes the Grande Punto can see a face lift in the form of the Evo.

Absolutely!!! The Linea MJD is no doubt a damn good car but the T-Jet is a different kettle of fish. I'm sure even the MJD owners would agree.

The sales manages at Aadya connected me to, whome he said, was the Fiat's regional sales head. He said, that the company is sitting on stock of T-Jet dating back to April. @Italia-Linea is right. Apparently Fiat is not manufacturing T-Jets anymore. That's why it looked to me as if they are dumping old stock at massive discounts.

I know, MJD is available in SBB, my colleague picked up one a month back. He got a VIN of GMZ. But it's the T-Jet what i am looking at. If not that, I'll settle with something else...maybe the Laura RS. But I'm sure I want a petrol. Its not that I drive less. In fact its over 75 kms a day. For 1, I love petrol engines. Plus I don't think the diesel subsidy is gonna last more than 2 years. I intend to keep the car I buy now for another 5 years.

No I didn't check those. Just the ones I mentioned was enough to put me off so much that I didn't bother to explore further.

That's something I didn't know. Good you pointed out. I'm gonna stay away from that piece.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

If rust is just superficial and can be sorted out easily (which i think should be the case) there shouldn't be any any issue owning a t-jet with a tempting deal.

Well that sound bit of wierd science to me. petrol cannot change to varnish no way!!!...but on the other hand petrol will react with other polymer (plastic,rubber) materials like hose pipe to form thick gluey substances . Old cars and bikes used to suffer this issue but present day technology has taken care of such issues and most polymers used in auto industry are inert to hydrocarbons(fuel).
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Who is that sales head you spoke to? Is he from Tata Motors or Fiat? I am damn sure that he will be a Tata Motors Guy taking incharge of distribution of Fiat Cars. They always have the attitude of 'take it or leave it'.

This JV is a suicide mission for Fiat.
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Dear xplorauto (and speedJet),
    I sympathise with the problems you are facing. TJet is by FAR the best drivers car in and around its segment and we have little choice in this.
    I would go with gurjinder's suggestions. Any rust on the brake disk is normal - it is made of cast iron, I think, and it will rust. It will get cleaned each time you drive and is not a worry at all. Just ensure that the body metal is not rusting anywhere. (On second thoughts, if there is a solution to this, I may not mind getting it done - at the dealer's cost - if the solution can be relied upon. Experts, is there any such solution?).
    You can get a fresh coat of paint for the scratches. And ofcourse see if you get a juicier discount.
    As a third party, I can think logically and say that you can get a very good deal here. But I dont know what would have I chosen in the above situation.
    All the best in your quest. You have to make a tough decision with a good chance of "what if" thoughts irrespective of what you choose to do.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It does. ;)

One of the many disadvantages of a petrol engine. Diesel, on the other hand is stable for years.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    You can compromise on colour, variant, version, model and even the brand. But, never buy a brand new car that is more than a couple of months old at any cost, literally and metaphorically IMO. Even in my case, my first choice was Medium Grey. But, when I was given the VIN, which had the code of EPZ, indicating May 2009, I simply rejected it. Later I selected Fox Trote Azure [FTA]. The only vehicle in FTA in that lot had VIN code of JPZ, indicating September 2009, so I grabbed it. But, the situation was totally different at that time with FIAT India selling about 1000+ Lineas every month. Now, 1000+ Lineas/month has become a mirage for FIAT India.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When it comes to heart vs head situation. heart cannot have double standards. until and unless it gets what it desired for it will keep longing.one can observe little kids and women for that case or love failure,loss of some one dear.

Mind can be convinced or entertained to consume anything when it feels logically is better.At times even owning a 3 wheeler will seem like a perfect choice.
    For heart over mind, stick to with what you are bowled over with...else never bother.
  10. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    How True...well said!!!

But the dichotomy is - what a heart longs for bleeds to see it perish.

So @SpeedJET and myself being the heart kind still cannot let go the T-Jet, despite our respective setbacks but at the same time cannot see the T-Jet as a dilapidated mass of metal in the days of her prime.