1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying A Fiat Punto Emotion MJD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sdeepu2u, Nov 1, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Buying A Fiat Punto Dynamic 1.4

Deepak, Rs35000 in 19000km is a rarest of the rare case. He might have got a faulty car/lemon as well. He might not have done a PDI properly.
    How many people have you seen spending that much?

I would recommend that you stick with 1.3 MJD because of its fuel efficiency and status of being the NRI- National Rotor(Engine) of India. ::V
    Normal servicing of 1.3MJD costs Rs4000/year.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Deepak,

As you can see I am from Chennai and have a1.3 mjd. I have spent about 7000/- during my 14 months of ownership covering 24,000 kms. Probably that driver could be the reason that the car owner has spent so much. You can PM me and we can talk for any clarification.

abdul
  3. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your comments . Can you let me know what is PDI . I have downloaded the Fiat Car manual for PUNTO emotion 1.4 diesel . Please help me on the things to check before purchasing . Also let me know about Tafe reach motors dealership.

Deepak
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai

Hi Deepak,

Welcome aboard.

I think you've made the right choice, But not sure about TAFE Access though. I've picked up my vehicle from VST Motors and their Sales and ASS have been very good so far. I've driven my vehicle so far around 6000 Kms in the span of 6 months and I've no issues to report. VST Motors service has two dedicated Fiat SA's and they are very cordial. The service is wee bit crowded because they service Fiat vehicles as well, But you do get that special attention. My first service bill was zero (First service doesn't include any oil/parts change hence zero) for the second/15K service bill look into ownership section.

If you've more questions PM me.

Cheers
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Dont bother about Tafe Reach. They arent the best , but then just get the delivery from them and you can go for your service to VST or Concorde anytime. There is no restriction.

Abdul
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore

Hi Deepu.

PDI means Pre delivery Inspection. There is a check list of points to check in the car before the car is registered. You can do this on request.

Go through this link!
    viewtopic.php?f=52&t=787&start=0

Punto Diesel is 1.3l i.e 1248cc. Petrol is 1.4l.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think it would be good if someone from Chennai can accompany him for PDI as Mr Deepak can surely use the help of some more experienced person.

PDI= Pre Delivery Inspection. You shall have a thorough knowledge of the product these days before you step out of the house to buy it.
  8. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai

Hi Team,

I would be very thankful if some experienced fiat owner could accompany me to select the best . This would my first car . Please help me

Regards,
    Deepak
  9. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore

Its good if some Fiat owner accompanies along with you. Or else take some friend/relative who knows well about cars along with you for PDI.
  10. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai
    Re: Buying A Fiat Punto emotion 1.3 diesel

Hi Arun,

I don't have any relative who knows about car . It all depends on me .I just need someone to guide me ...I came to this forum with confusion whether to take punto or not .On seeing all the reviews I decided on Punto .I just dont want to be cheated as I dont about cars.

Regards,
    Deepak