1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Fiat Linea Classic 1.3

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vaibhavv4u, Dec 6, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    "good, fast, or cheap, pick two".

Rajan
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Bargain for more, trick is get The cheque book when you are dealing !! It worked for me, my Dynamic MJD bought in May2013 and manufactured in 2012, I got it for 9.8Lon road.

There were still 2012 models available then even factory at pune, you might turn lucky if you can get your hands on one

Otherwise a 2013 Classic should fall In your budget depending on your bargaining power. I suggest go for FIAT if there is a choice.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. FIAT is selling car now at almost prices they launched back in 2009,it is right time buy the car now.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Vaibhav,
    Either buy Linea Classic or Linea Active,both are good & both are Fiat's.
    Get car now when more discounts are given by Fiat for year end.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  5. vaibhavv4u

vaibhavv4u

Bangalore
    Booked the car. Dealer brought down the price to 7,99,xxx/- to satisfy me that it comes below 8 lakhs. He also threw in rear parking sensor, mats and a few other accesories. Refused to throw in even the manual central locking. I paid him around 3000 more to get body colored ORVMs. Will get delivery by end of December to early Jan.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to get remote central locking done if the car does not have manual central lock to begin with? Also, I am considering a tuning chip to enhance performance without the risk of violating the warranty but I have very little idea about exactly how they would affect car performance (increased horsepower?). Would love to hear some thoughts.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Vaibhav on booking the first Linea Classic on TFI,
    Great,Linea under 8 lacs is Awesome deal considering you get a Big & Real Sedan in its segment at a less price.
    I think it will cost 4-5k for Remote central locking,dont have much idea about it,other members may help you here.
    Ya you can go for tuning chip to enhance performance of your vehicle but not now when your car is brand new,let her clock more miles
    Yes the performance will increase due to increased power & torque but efficiency will com down,no idea if warranty would be void if you install tuning chip in your car.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Prabhat Sinha

Prabhat Sinha Timido

Gurgaon
    Congrats- I too purchased classic plus on Dec 10th and enjoying the ride. A great buy in my budget of * Lakh....have done some changes- remote center lock- parking sensor and planning to add arm rest.......
    1 person likes this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations,but the original Linea in active version will also come at the same price, this being the year end and you get an even more powerful engine with better tyres
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Congratulations for booking the car.

Please get fiat remote central locking sold as an accesory. Check with dealer about prices.

Get the music system installed from a good accesory shop in your city

About racing chip, I suggest please avoid it rather get your linea remapped after clocking some 10k, wolf moto is good option for the same.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. vaibhavv4u

vaibhavv4u

Bangalore
    I was getting the petrol version at a slightly higher price. But then I clock about 1800 kms per month. The fuel cost (borne by me not my company) would kill me.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Wont a deck from outside the dealers void the electric warranty?