1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Car. No Fiat though.

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by amit, May 30, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The production of Optra Magnum has been stopped.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    At last ! After a million or so years , it has finally been laid to rest.

Amit, any updates?
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Oh, Sorry. I din't knew it. My friend bought it last July and I had a chance to drive it, though for a brief time and I like it a lot. I remember seeing the vehicle on the Chevorlet website too couple of days back ...... stupid website,
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @amit : Your requirement - Diesel between 10-10.5 lakhs.

Linea - No. Rapid - No. Vento - No. SX4 - not discussed. Verna - not discussed. Manza - not discussed. Sunny - still in the race.
    Ertiga - still in the race. But you said they already have a Innova.

What are the options left for you other than the SUV segment? Very confused indeed.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I hate cars that are sold with the seats extending upto the back hatch. This is the only country where one can see such cars I guess. The boot in a sedan and the boot in a hatch are safety zones meant to crumple when the cars get rear ended. It is a must that the space is left alone. The manufacturers in India are heartless guys who simply want to sell a car with more seats. Even in a Innova which I hire often I wont led my children sit in the rear. I get nightmares when I think of the possible catastrophes with kids in the boot space. The Govt should ban such tinkering by manufacturers The Ertiga, the innova, the Xylo all fall into the dangerous category.

@amit, sorry if I may have dented your thoughts on the Ertiga, but I have been wanting to write about this for long.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with you Abdul Ji.

For that reason I like Reno Duster where the boot can be used as a boot.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Linea - Not considered due to rear space. It's not the best you can have. Yes, it's a nice car to drive but the priority is not fun to drive but comfort.

Rapid: Considered but expensive servicing costs are a hinderance. Skoda's dealer isn't too interested in selling the Rapid either.

Vento: More expensive then Rapid and will push the 10.5 Lakh barrier. Maybe it's also as expensive as a Rapid to service.

SX4: The new car is going to be a replacement for a SX4 petrol. I did suggest the diesel since tall boy is one of the important criteria's but they don't want to go for another SX4.

Verna & Manza: Not suggested by me. Verna back seat isn't the most comfy - lack of thigh support and low set seat will make it worse for someone looking for a tall boy. Remember, they are moving from a SX4. Manza was not suggested by me. Somehow, I don't feel confident suggesting a Tata.

S.K.Maruti should be sending a Ertiga today. Wil update when I check it out.

I am not sure if I said this earlier the the Sunny that was brought to us had a weird noise coming from the underbody on accelaration & deaccelaration. The salesguy said a prospective customer ran over a pavement a few days back and something is damaged underneath. Even the windshield had a crack running almost through the entire length of it. Amazing that these guys bring a damaged car & expect the customer to put 10 lakhs on it after listening to all sounds of weird noises. The dealer was supposed to bring a fresh car to us but never got back. I will call him today so we can close this new car chapter asap.

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

There are such cars all over the world.

Chrysler Voyager, Honda Odessey, Toyota Sienna & few more in North America.

Ford Grand C-Max , Opel Zafira & Renault Espace & many more such MPV's in Europe.

EDIT: I was looking for 'S.K.Maruti Navi Mumbai' number on google and the seventh result is this thread! And it doesn't paint a very good picture of how S.K.Maruti handled my initial query. The power of the internet!
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  8. @amit..i believe you know some of the the horror stories of s.k wheels(maruti)..
    they were earlier also banned by maruti for doing some overbooking ..
    i will suggest you to look for some other dealers if looking for maruti may be automotive maruti near uran phata which is even bigger than sk and is known for good service and sales.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Don't get the Beluga Whale, also known to people as the Nissan Sunny.

Abdul,

You will find such examples everywhere. We cannot generalise by saying that all such designs are inherently unsafe. A lot of engineering is put into such designs , atleast by the Big manufacturers. And they turn out as safe as any other car.

e.g. I would feel much safer sitting at the last row of Innova than at the rear of an Indigo CS. I've seen mechanics bend the rear boot-lid with their bare hands. It was flexing like fibreglass.

Cheers.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What about if given an option between altis rear seat and last row of innova? That will be a much fare comparison. :D