1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Car. No Fiat though.

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by amit, May 30, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    SUV also is not a bad idea. Seriously think about Renault Duster or Scala. Duster is coming in June and scala in July. Duster will be available in 85 and 110 hp. Scala is the replica of Sunny.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    with a budget of 10-15L i would any day recommend the xuv-5oo.
    Its a real VFM and considering you were looking for a tall boy this would fit the bill
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @Amit : I cant understand why cant you go for Linea MJD. Is there any specific reason for this.
    From the list given by you, I think Vento would be much better than Rapid.
    Again I think Innova would be much better than Ertiga, as far as comfort goes.
  4. Why ? reason you will see may month of sales figures.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks for the flood of suggestions guys!

Firstly, let me update you guys with the Ertiga episode. I went to S.K.Maruti and was told that they have only 1 top end Ertiga which has gone to Pune. There were no vehicles on display in the showroom so I could neither see the car in metal nor test drive it. However, they promised to send the car over whenever I wanted to see it. I did give them a piece of mind about the earlier episode of 'come to the showroom if you want to see the car' and was told that was not their policy and that they are willing to send the car anywhere in Mumbai if a customer wants to check it out. Anyway, I asked them to send the car over to my office on Saturday.

The budget is maximum 10 to 10.5 lakhs on road hence both Yeti & XUV 500 get eliminated. Besides, they already have a 2006 Innova V & 2003 Mercedes Benz E 220 CDI.

No Fiat is my idea, there is no mandate or anything from the family that a Fiat will not be considered. The reason I think Fiat will not fit the requirements here is because it's neither the most spacious at the back nor is it a tall boy. The car HAS to tick at least one of the criteria - rear space (Sunny) or tall boy (Ertiga). Besides, Fiat's are prone to small niggles which though are not serious, for someone that's totally car illetrate even small niggles will create a lot of havoc.

The Rapid is one car I was looking forward to test drive but JMD's unenthusiastic response towards us has dented our excitement about the car. Besides, the high service upkeep costs are also a hinderance hence the Rapid is not making a very rapid progress in our shortlisted cars.

There is a Innova in the family.

Rapid Ambition is 10 Lakhs on road Individual & almost 11 lakhs on road corporate. Vento will be higher. Vento nudges past the price limit hence was not considered.
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

TFI is a good place for suggestions on cars other than FIAT:dancing
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My vote goes to Ertiga, it is both spacious and tall boy. And its from Maruti, so maintenance cost will be pretty less.

Then why Rapid is in your list?
  8. Only con is it doesn't have engine guard.
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Comfortable rear seat & spacious too though not in the Sunny league but with front seats pushed forward will give the passenger's good comfort level's.

I also suggested Etios for it's roomy rear but uncle said it's a shit car. Thank God! :)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any day I would prefer european than japanese. In that sense scala would be better than sunny.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2