1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Butyl Pad Fiber for cars equipped with Blue N Me. [Official Upgrade]

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by vIjAy_kHaSa, Jul 30, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Fiat is placing a butyl fiber pad in the cars which are equipped with Blue N Me system.
    Part No Description Rate
    0059116790 BUTYL PAD FIBER PACKED 9.78

Fiat have directed all Service Centers to install this in the cars which don't have it installed.
    This pad is installed on the passenger side AC vent which is above Blue N Me box.
    It is installed to prevent condensation water to fall on the Blue N Me box topmost reason for the Blue N Me box death.

For placing it the AC Vent has to be removed and a small butyl fiber strip is placed below the vent.

MODS: Why not have a separate thread for information regarding recalls and up-gradations done on the car.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    How to check if its already installed ? I don't have any faith in TASS !
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I bought 90HP 3 days back, how do I check if it is already there in my car as car is manufactured in the month of June 2011
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Thanks for the info Vijay_khasa! This goes to my pending items list when I visit the SC in a few days time.
    1 person likes this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Vijay, thanks for the update. Did you get it done already? From which service center did you come to know about this upgrade?
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Thanx Vijay for the info.I think this is a must for 2009-10 cars.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    THANKS for the news. i need to immediately check whether my linea is fitted with this. i think its below the coil and above the box on the part which overlaps. i think my car doesnt have it
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Can someone post the photos?
    I recently blew off a USB pendirve connected to blue and me, not sure if this could be a reason :(
  9. Useful info Vijay, Thanks a lot
    Will have to check with the TASS...
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I have it already, got it done from Joshi Autozone. Would be visiting joshi again on friday for elastic pad change and fluid change which is mandatory after 2 years.

No no, it's installed on lower part of AC Vent. To check if your car if fitted with it remove the glove box, remove blue and me box, now you would see a screw for the ac vent, undo it and push the vent from behind, it will come out easily. Now check if your car have it, it's beige in color. (Clean the AC filter as well if you open it)

Sorry buddy don't have the photos. Be rest assured this is not the reason for blowing of pen drive. Pen Drive is placed on right hand side very far away from the AC Vent.