1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Burning Smell in Linea TJet

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arun.k14, Feb 27, 2014.

1. arun.k14

arun.k14

bangalore
    Hi,
    I have bought a TJet Linea in Nov 2013 in Bangalore. I was transferred to Chennai in the month of January. I have drivn this car for aroung 5500 KMS. During the first free service , the service centre in Chennai told me to apply anti rust treatment for the underbody and enginer chamber of the car. I listened to him and asked him to do the anti rust underbody painting .

For the past three four days I am feeling a burning smell in the car whenever I drive the car. Initially I suspected some problem due to the clutch plate but the dealer said that the clutch plate is perfectly fine. I want to know if the anti rust undercoating can cause this burning smell?

Also I have a feeling that the enginer chamber heats up quite fast compared to earlier.

Please help with your suggestion

Regards,
    Arun
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Arun,

Anti rust coating will not cause any burning smell. Is the smell similar to burning rubber? If so then it can be clutch only. But since you have already got the clutch checked and ruled out, check the engine area if any rubber hose is in contact with hot parts.
  3. arun.k14

arun.k14

bangalore
    Thanks a lot for the information . I will check with the service centre abt the rubber hose with them . Regards,Arun
  4. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Arun.k14, I own a Dec'13 T-Jet, had exactly the same issue yesterday. Burning smell and overheated engine chamber though when this happened I had hardly driven 10 km. However this didn't repeat today when I came to work. Let me know the corrective steps that you are planning to take. I'd visit the service station probably mid nex week.
  5. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Took my car to the dealer , informed him about this issue. He checked everything in the engine area and said he doesn't see anything touching the hot parts. Luckily the issue hasn't recurred again.