1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Verna's, Cities, Fortuners, Endeavors.......he mentioned these cars and for sure Punto beats them in handling department . When I bought this car my family members used to say "choti car hai.....Honda City se kaha comparison " , but the day they took it on a long trip , its since 1.5 years they have never uttered a word against Punto . Such is the safety of the car that my car brake discs are warped + brake pads almost over , I always hear a grinding noise when i brake . But still I took it to 160+ and the confidence on braking was same as if the car is new . I am very very impressed with the brakes of car . Ride quality is tremendous , its so boring driving Japenese and koreans now.
  2. sandengg

sandengg

LUDHIANA
    Dear Mr Soori,

I am also facing similar problem of bumpy/jerky ride in my New Punto Active MJD purchased on 1 Mar 12.
    I have shown the car to local dealer who have inspected the Rear Dampers and reported them OK.
    Have reported matter to FIAT who have replied that some expert will visit and check.
    I think problem is more from the rear side.The car keeps jumping on an even otherwise plain road even at a slow speed 20-30 KM/hr.
    Replaced Stock JK Tyres with New Michelin Tyres (185 70 R14), still problem not solved.
    reduced Trye pressure also 31 Front - 29 Rear, still in vain.
    I am pretty sure that suspension is the culprit - either Dampers or Coil Springs.
    Either the Rear Dampers are a problem or the Coil Springs are too stiff, cant say unless these are replaced.
    I am not driving the car now due to this problem.
    My back starts aching after driving for some time.
    Waiting for FIAT to respond.
    Pls keep updated on developments from your side.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Dear Mr Soori,

I am also facing similar problem of bumpy/jerky ride in my New Punto Active MJD purchased on 1 Mar 12.
    I have shown the car to local dealer who have inspected the Rear Dampers and reported them OK.
    Have reported matter to FIAT who have replied that some expert will visit and check.
    I think problem is more from the rear side.The car keeps jumping on an even otherwise plain road even at a slow speed 20-30 KM/hr.
    Replaced Stock JK Tyres with New Michelin Tyres (185 70 R14), still problem not solved.
    reduced Trye pressure also 31 Front - 29 Rear, still in vain.
    I am pretty sure that suspension is the culprit - either Dampers or Coil Springs.
    Either the Rear Dampers are a problem or the Coil Springs are too stiff, cant say unless these are replaced.
    I am not driving the car now due to this problem.
    My back starts aching after driving for some time.
    Waiting for FIAT to respond.
    Pls keep updated on developments
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ohhh... I want to offer you a ride in my 90 HP by opening passenger side window myself like Princess Diana is about to ride in my car. After 5 mins see yourself beating your head without speaking a single word like "Nana Patekar role playing for Khamoshi movie":p. he he he! Just a joke pls don't mind bro, you are right, it's an overkill. In-fact i have habit of killing my time so such stuff is expected. Never take it seriously, there is hardly anything to understand for you.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Relatitivity, Pls do not get concerned about anything unless you experience something funny or feel symptoms. Being proactive may be good and bad under different circumstances. I would request many of you to simply keep driving and enjoy the beauty .
    Recently after a service at TASS to replace Brake booster, I began getting a rattling noise from the driver side dash board. I took to TAss and they said they will have to remove the dashboard and it is a one day job. I didn't have time , so I was living with it and constantly analyzing the noise and trying to resolve it by tapping at different places. During such a diagnosis one day, I ran my palm from the control stalk top to the left side joint of the panels. Gave it a twist and bingo the rattle was gone. I was happy that the dashboard wasn't removed and the subsequent reset of critical factory fitting that may give rise to further problems in future. So, give certain amount of time, don't panic. Some faults will settle out on its own, though I must hasten to say that this doesn't apply to all complaints.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  5. soori

soori

Dubai
    Is everyone's ridde very flat or without any bumps on Indian highways? How does it behave on different speeds?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

soori, I am telling this again. Ride will be smooth on good roads and little bumpy on bad stretches. Punto can absorb most of the rough patches on the road. If you are referring on to the NH, the ride will be smooth for sure.

But, I don't you know your definition of flat ride. I think you might still be adapted more towards the ride of funny i20 :). What is the tyre pressure you are maintaining in your car? Don't do it more than 32. Or try changing the place where you check the tyre pressure.
  7. soori

soori

Dubai
    tried all tire pressure from 29 to 32 psi. Checked manually with pressure gauge too. I will be driving to Bangalore on 23rd. I will see the drive in rest of the highways.

Anybody from Bangalore who wants to check the ride quality of my car and comment? Comparing two cars on same stretch would be really great. ::D

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

The drive is not smooth on any speeds. You can feel the bumps on all kind of surfaces irrespective of speeds. For instance, i20 never passed me bumps on same road (forget about really bad roads). Even in the speed of 80 to 110 in highways you will each imperfections of national highways which are not visible to eyes. Sometimes I feel as if I'm driving over reflectors. :)
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    At what time you will be available in Bangalore? I am also driving down there on 23rd from Chennai. I can see if I can catch up with you.
    1 person likes this.
  9. soori

soori

Dubai
    I can confirm it tomorrow. Planning to leave on early morning. I might be available in the evening.
  10. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

No worries Bro. I like your style and your love for FIAT. Its just that i can't take it when you criticize other cars and conclude as they are just tin cans with some stone age design and engine. i only tend to differ here.