1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    @platinumshine - Great to see you got it done at Pandit. I am from Pune and about to get hands on a 2013 Punto. I am wondering if they changed the springs too ? Is it needed, cos I heard while going from older to newer GC, they did change it.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The springs are a part of GC kit. Front AFAIK in Linea perhaps same/similar in Punto.
  3. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    yeah.. They are part of the GC kit when you are upgrading, but I happen to read somewhere that, while downgrading, SC guys said the spring change is not needed, which isn't very logical if people are claiming the ride is less stiff than the newer one. So just checking, platinumshine just mentioned struts, no springs
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

@reggaerahul hey no I didn't change the springs. If you are talking of the rear springs, then in the spares catalogue at FASS there is only a single part number for the springs. You may check with Pandit on this ( and share with us).
    AFAI remember, only Linea required rear springs change.
  5. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Sure. Will do.

So you are saying you kept all the springs as they came with the post 2012 GC right ?
    I thought the older GC had softer springs and that was the reason for the plusher ride. Though, I might not be technically very correct, so wondering.. may be if the springs are compressed due to lower GC and hence less bumpy ? Does that make sense. My main motive behind downgrading is not handling but less stiffer ride. But I don't want to end up in some mix combination because Fiat doesn't provide the older springs. May be I can see if I get to try the downgraded Punto somewhere..
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Fiat has been selling the Susupension upgrade kit for a while and it does not include any springs. Similarly, I rolled back to the low GC set up and it did not involve changing any springs. Just 4 struts, 1 anti roll bar (Yes, it's different in both models) and the bushes as they are shorter on low GC.
  7. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    @Relativity - Thanks for the update. So, you are happy with the low GC ?

I got my car 2 days back (its a 2013 emo punto), very excited :) , the suspension isn't that harsh as I had anticipated, so I will take my time to try the older one someplace. But there is a bit of roll at slow speeds and uneven roads, and I especially felt it significantly when I was in front passenger seat. Its not very stiff and hard on bad roads, but its bit unsettling than my Palio. I guess I should observe for some more time.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The best set up which is low GC but behaves impeccably is the prior to 2010 version struts and shocks. Magneti marelli have done a superlative job of it and the ride is simply plush. I have never scraped or bottomed my car since switch over to the MM kit some 25K kms ago
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Strangely, they did provide springs for the Linea. And if they did, either choose the GC kits as it is or go for olders setup struts if possible, like MMarelli Kit mentioned by @jumu.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    All the struts I got are MM.