1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Yes, I also felt high speed handling was not good with pre 2012 suspension, but the ride was magical.

The increased GC suspension has good tight handling but the slow speed ride has gone to the dogs.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Not at all. Handling is pin point precise on pre-2012 model cars due to low GC. If you roll back to pre-2012 setup you get ride and handling but no GC. Read Platinumshine's post for more details. :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  3. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    So can I safely go for roll back to pre-2012?
    I can compromise on GC but want best ride + handling.
    Want to be 100% sure on that..
  4. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    thank you l13mjd. So I will get both best ride + handling with the pre-2012 suspension right?
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Yes. This will be the best 12-13k you will spend on your car. You will really appreciate it. Go ahead with eyes closed. But please take note of suspension make and country of origin. It should be Brazil and Poland for countries and Cofap and Magneti Marelli for company. If you see Endurance anywhere on the suspension, please run away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    Thank you. Is it ok to have Made in India Magneti Marelli ?
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I believe it is, imrankhs will be able to shed more light on this.. But try and get the old imported ones. Beautiful they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    The older suspension used to be of Cofap make (either Brazil or Poland), which is part of Magneti Marelli.

These days you get Magneti Marelli made in India but they are equivalently good. I am having all 4 struts of the same make and am happy.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have an exactly opposite experience. I own a 2010 Punto MJD with 171mm GC and have driven it 75000km on all types of roads.

I have also driven from our family, a 2013 Active variant Punto with 185mm GC for >3000Km on all those roads where I have driven my 2010 Punto.

The handling of the new is nowhere close to the old one but the ride quality is better. Maybe because the suspension of old one is now old and worn out.

There is a set of 3-4 rumble strips at a roundabout in Chandigarh. My 2010 Punto shakes me up on them at slow speed but this 2013 Punto rides well over them at slow speed.
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Has anyone changed the suspension to pre-2012 for T-Jet? I am thinking that the struts are different for MJD and T-Jet.

Thanks
    Gopi
    1 person likes this.