1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    What's typically the life of a shock absorber ?

Googling shows 50k miles, of course variations are possible depending on driving conditions.
  2. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    when I complained about the kat kat noise from front suspension in the first service they said they replaced the suspensions but now still theirs that kat kat noise from front left suspension sometimes however earlier the noise used to come in each and every potholes.
    and yes the car looks diving towards the front when observed from outside with no passengers and it looks sort of weird:(...so does this mean I have the magneti mareli suspension or endurance ones? btw where to check them?
  3. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Just because you said it affects the steering column I'm wondering if reverting the suspension setup to pre2012 increase the turning radius as well :confused:. The 2012 models came with 5m turning radius whereas the pre 2012 models had 5.4m.

GC of all 2012cars were high irrespective of endurance of magneti marelli suspension.
    You will have to remove your tyre and check from inside. btw what I did was squeaked a mobile phone camera and took lots of pics of the struts, I was able to see a bit of the Endurance and cofap logos and no MagnetiMarelli logos.
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I badly want GC of my T-Jet to be reduced because of the body roll or bumpy ride.
    I am looking out answers for the following questions.

1. Any new T-Jet owners attempted this?
    2. How different the spares would be when compared to Linea 1.4?
    3. What are the parts need to be procured?
    4. How this modification influence the warranty?

Thanks
    Gopi
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    change the tyres

Hi, Gopi

i changed my punto 2012 tyres to 205/60/14 and it has reduced the gc by 8mm..i believe.

thanks

6. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks bibin.

To me I think changing wheels/tyres is costlier thing to do. To experience significant reduce the body roll I think we need to reduce GC at least 15-20 mm.

Thanks
    Gopi
    1 person likes this.
  7. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    Hi All,

Has anybody got any positive response from FIAT on this issue?
    I own 2013 model of PUNTO and facing the same bumpy ride issue. Now I want to go for the old suspension as it seems to be the only proper solution.help
    Does fiat give any subsidy or offer any help in this case?

Thanks,
    Murthy
  8. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Subsidy? No. Help? No.

However, you can visit the authorised service centre and instruct them to downgrade your suspension to pre-2012 models, that is, lower ground clearance one. Check if it is made in Poland/ Brazil and Cofap/ Magneti Marelli. If it is, you're good. Don't buy Endurance.

Oh, and I have downgraded my Linea's suspension. And I am very happy in all departments. Just drive with care and proper tyre pressure, car doesn't scrape much anywhere. Just drive like you love the car..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They did this on the request of Fiat customers only. :(

- First, they were bashed for low power to weight ratio and Fiat responded by reducing the weight slightly.
    - Then everyone was talking about how Punto and Linea scrap on poorly designed potholes. So we got this 185mm GC suspension.
    - I guess the next thing that Fiat will be forced to change is the brake pad quality. Fiat cars are having great braking capabilities but I see people bashing the life of pads on facebook page of Fiat India. I hope Fiat does not listen to this and brings something that lasts longer but with reduced efficiency as with most other cars in this segment.
    3 people like this.
  10. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    BTW what is the conclusion on the pre-2012 struts + arb ?
    Will it bring both the ride + handling of pre-2012 punto to 2012 punto?
    I own 2013 punto and feeling bumpy ride. I have checked the front suspension and it is Magneti Marelli. But the car is bumpy and not confident inspiring in high speeds.

I am planning to go for pre-2012 suspension but got confused with Imran's comments. He mentioned that he felt handling not good when he changed to pre-2012. Am I missing something?

Please confirm me.

Thanks,
    Murthy