1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As of now living with 2012 set up. Don't know when will I go crazy about ride quality and opt for above set up. As of now nothing alarming; but its just not there. Higher GC is surely a boon as well; considering the road conditions in few parts of Bangalore

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  2. Imran, You mean to say that 2013 suspension is good. Then that should be a better bargain considering that it offers higher GC and better ride quality than the 2012. Best of both worlds?? sounds impossible.. ;)
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Trust me, when I drove both (my car and TD vehicle) I found TD vehicle to be better :D it had Apollo acelers and the ride with raised GC also was planted.

I and other friend of mine tested it in a open ground (thanks to sales guy for letting us to push the car to limits) and found that the ride was plush. Since the terrain was muddy and not tarmac the tyres gave up easily but the car was quite in control spinning round and round.

Maybe you can push for warranty and get your struts replaced by latest struts (Magnetti Marelli) and you can notice the difference in no time.

P.S you can't really expect it to be like 2011 suspension due to raised GC but again, you get both GC and pleasant ride.

Cheers :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Imran , do you mean that the struts of earlier 2012 (not pre 2012) linea/punto are different from the present ones??
    Mine is the jan 2012 linea with new suspension setup. if it's magnetti marelli now, what were the make of the struts in the early 2012 cars??
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    A few batches of Punto had Endurance cofap made suspension. Mine was Jan 2013 and it had all 4 Endurance struts. Now you get Magneti Marelli Cofap suspension. Though both are made in India, there's a lot of difference in how they function.

Right now my car has all 4 Magneti Marelli struts and I can confirm the ride is a lot better :)

6. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    can i get them checked in my Linea , the make of struts ?? is it possible to get them changed under warranty?? since there won't be any damage , i don't think they will agree for replacement. Thanks for the info ,imran.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    You will have to personally check at SC. I am sure about Punto but not Linea.Take some time out and take a look at the struts yourself.
    About warranty, it depends on your dealer, if he acknowledges the issue, it shouldn't be a worry at all.

8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Okay, here is a twist to the tale.

Today I found that my 2011 90HP which has great ride quality has all 4 struts from Endurance.

So what we thought might not be correct. That Endurance=Bad ride quality. Maybe few particular batches or something.
    1 person likes this.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Agree, coz a few owners with endurance struts are quite happy with the ride quality. But I am yet to come across a person using MM or cofap struts complaining about the ride quality with raised GC :D

1 person likes this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

That's an other way to put it bro. And true it is.