1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @relativity yes. I did change the anti roll bar to 2011 one. Happy with the ride but I don't really feel like its what you and I (& many others expected it to be). I just came out on a drive on NH 207, my brother is driving the car and he says this suspension is not at all meant for highways.

P.S I firmly believe, its got to do with the make of suspension. I found Endurance struts to be hopeless whereas magenti marelli struts on raised GC do perform up to the mark. My hunt for front struts of magneti marelli make (raised GC) is still on !! :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk now Free
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Any quick way to figure out the make of struts? Or does it require complete removal of struts to find the same?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk now Free
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Unfortunately, there's no way to figure out the make without removing the struts. Once you remove it, at the bottom you will find two logos (Endurance and Cofap) or (Magneti Marelli and Cofap).

1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If you remove the wheel, you can see the make.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    I was able to see cofap when tyre was removed for alignment. I searched for magnetimarelli or endurance but couldnt see. Will check next time..
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

That's hidden maybe, coz you get only front view of the strut once wheel is removed. If the logo is hidden behind the strut, it will still not be visible.

7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I checked the 2012 struts that were removed from my car with increased GC - these are made by Endurance. I am not sure what brand are the low GC struts on the Car now, will check that and report here :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Have completed more than 20k kms since I reverted back to old suspension setup at front. Its all good so far and I just thoroughly enjoyed throwing here over corners and onto potholes (too) :-D
    My setup has
    Pre 2012 spring and strut upfront and normal raised setup at back. Anti roll bar/sway bar, is still due to change to pre 2012 one. Car is going for 45k kms service on Saturday and I will get that done too. I'll report back if any change occurs after that.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Any specific reason why you changed the springs? According to Fiat, for Punto, all 4 struts along with the ARB got upgraded and the rest remain same.

Also, many people have reported that the ARB is no different from the pre-2012 models. Any reason why you want to change that?

Overall, how do you feel the ride quality compared to the 2012 suspension?
    1 person likes this.
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Oh sorry, not springs but just struts. Dont know what I was thinking when I wrote about springs too lol
    Ya the springs are the same, its just the struts, double checked with SA and directly with mechanic too. Rest, ride difference is very much there, post 2012 raised suspension is stiff to compensate lose in handling capabilities (which still is lost in raised setup anyway). but as soon as I reverted back to the normal springs, ride and handling got spot-on. I earlier used feel each and every pothole car goes through, whereas after reverting, I just stopped bothering about most of them :-D Thou rear is still a lil stiff BUT its actually good for me because car sags more from behind then from front when loaded. Reverted springs and anti roll bar at just front is a spot-on setup according to me.

- - - Merged Post - - -

BTW is this anti-roll bar thing costs 6k ? I got the same quote from SA today. I thought it was around 3k.