1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ok. I think it should clear some air now. The suspension used in 1.3 MJD and 1.4 FIRE itself seems to be different and I am assuming it is different with the T-Jet too. Got the below information from 99rpm. Look at the different part numbers and the cost.

shocks.jpg
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Three numbers per year... Could this be representative of magnetti Indian, cofap brazil and endurance? I think so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    70km drive back... There sure is something sweet about this suspension.

I feel I am more connected to the undulations of the road, only not in impact. Earlier I was not as much connected but felt more of the impact.

Don't quite know how to put this. Maybe it's that earlier I felt the judder of going over bad roads.. now the judder is much masked, it's like now I am going through the bump, in a masked elegant way. However, ultimate test when I cover the worse stretch home.. Have stopped at a neighbourhood joint for coffee.

Another thing noted. Steering 'wobble motion' half a centimetre left and right like pendulum at speeds over 80, close to 90. Balancing done, wobble reduced but pulling to left increased much. Will need to get something done locally..

Feel free to ask anything.. I have the 'new' 2012 suspension in the boot.. :p

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How do you feel about the suspension? Soft or Stiff?
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got car back after doing 3rd Service from Aadyam Auto Aurangabad.

They done wheel alignment & balancing perfect.
    After doing alignment & balancing bumpy ride more reduced. Now Car is planted very well.
    But I am not 100% sure. It seems that they have kept low air pressure.
    I shall update after rechecking air pressure.

Hardly bump on excessive uneven road.
  6. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Stiff it is definitely not. However, my benchmark is only 2012 suspension in an MJD. This setup doesn't 'go over' (with consequent judder), it rather 'takes you through' elegantly.

I didn't find any handling 'loss' if I may call it. In fact I felt I am more zipping through. The sway that was gnawing my heart out is gone - but as I said, the worst patch yet remains to be tested, and I'll be able to comment in half an hour or so on it as I touch home.. :)

For want of better words, and for sake of Italian elegance, the word that comes to my mind is pliant. This setup is more pliant than the 2012 increased GC one, and I'd dare say in my mere 70km drive over normal roads that I'm enjoying this. There was a certain quality to the 2012 suspension that I can now refer to as 'overtly stiff'.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    "Feeling connected" would be the most precise description. Slow speed comfort on bumpy roads will not be as good as the softer setup though.

Rajan
  8. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Rajan, you sure you wanted to say "slow speed comfort won't be as good in the softer setup"? It confused me.. :-D

Because, as I had observed, 2012 setup was bumpy at low speeds and became compliant at high, and this old pre-2011 is just as good at any speed.. I don't need to speed up to mask the impact, it's masked at any speed.

9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry. What I meant to say was "Slow speed comfort on bumpy roads will not be as good as the softer setup of the pre-2012 Linea"

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Glad to hear that bro. Could you please post the pic of the suspension lying in your boot ?

Which make is it ? By any chance do you see endurance logo along with cofap logo on it ?

Yes, the older setup is just fantastic to drive. Minor patches or undulations are not even felt at times and the car feels planted all the time. I have always felt that older suspension best suited Punto and Linea.

Only downside is the low GC, a little bit of cautiousness on speed breakers can get you through :thumbup:

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.