1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Look at the part number of the shocks from the T-Jet owned by Rajan here.

It is 51805319.
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Now it is my turn to be confused..! What is this! Guys here really know their vehicles (the owner is avid guy, I just saw him today talking about how to decode VINs to his mechanics) and they are sure there is no difference. Could it be that since TJet was mostly (I think) imported they got different part numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Oh wait. The moment I gave this part number to the guy he showed me what he had just put in my car - same part number (front). What you have given is one of left/ right.

Manufactured and packed September 4, 2013 these. Wow! So I actually have that same product that was supposed to be better? Kudos..

4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Only the T-Jet engine is imported.

This is leading to more confusion and confusion. Let me talk to a known person at FASS in Chennai.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am not getting what you are saying. You mean to say that you have got the part with the part no. 51805319 which is used in T-Jet?
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    After further clarification, he is telling me this:

(The part numbers I mentioned) were what were coming to him two months ago. Since two months the part number has changed to the one you gave me just now.

And by extension, yes, I have got today what his jet has.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Can't be. Rajan's T-Jet was manufactured in 2010 and he is still running with the stock shocks. :)
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I have seen this part number in front of my eyes and this has gone in my multi today.. Should I snap a picture of label?

8. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    ₹12807 including labor and alignment...

9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Part numbers are assigned serially by the system, for a given component, in an ever increasing fashion. The larger the number, the newer the part. In other words, part number 10 is newer than part number 5, which is newer that part number 1. This is the logic our system uses and should be the same with most manufacturers.

Going by this logic, Part number 51805319 would definitely be older than any of the part numbers posted in post #221 above.

To confirm what Ramesh has said, yes, that is the part number on my Jet's shocks and yes, I am still running on OE stocks. It is quite possible that the shocks fitted in your car have this part number, but this is not something that was changed two months back.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    No, it wasn't changed, the guy said "this is what the company is sending now since two months"