1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Linealover falls under 'Upgrade GC' and 'Linea' categories. :)

My post above says people in those categories are content and linealover is no exception. How I wish I could say the same for the Punto.

Last weekend, had to take offroad slushy streches on the Punto. Am happy I scraped only once. The path was unbelievable. Had to try different approach angles, speeds and traversing methods. :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

After all these exercises, I feel that its not about the 2011 or 2012 suspension. Few batches of cars in 2012 and 2013 got endurance struts and hence the discomfort.

My first set of struts (2013 all 4 were endurance) and I had a tough time. After I got the struts replaced at 9000 kms, the front were endurance and rear were magneti marelli. So the ride was nice and planted at the back but front always was bumpy.

I believe, 2013 struts of Magneti Marelli are out in market and those struts should be fine even with raised GC.

Bottom line, Cofap Made in Brazil are just the best and no other struts can match the ride quality offered by them. Guys running on those are just lucky :)

Anyway, I shall try the new Magneti Marelli 2013 after munching some more miles on this 2011 setup.

P.S I scraped the car royally on the basement parking slope at office. This is the first time it happened and I admit it really hurts :mad:

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

No buddy. My struts from my 2012 car were made by Cofap only.

are2e2y6.jpg
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Check for Endurance logo as well. These struts were manufactured by Endurance under technical assistance of cofap (as I heard from many). There's no magneti marelli logo on these struts for sure.

Attaching the pictures of my struts for your reference.

Front struts. No magneti marelli logo but endurance logo found.

uploadfromtaptalk1379522037079.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379522138029.jpg

Rear struts. No Endurance logo but magneti marelli found.

uploadfromtaptalk1379522258543.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379522296822.jpg

Now, I had no issues with the rear struts, even after transplanting 2011 Endurance struts, I wasn't happy hence kept front struts as it is and rolled back to Magneti Marelli.

In case I happen to find the 2012 Magneti Marelli front struts (just like my rear ones that do not have endurance logo), am sure the ride would be much plusher and sorted and the raised GC will come as a bonus ;)

I have already done a lot of experiment with the suspension, no harm in trying the new 2012 Magneti Marelli suspension at front.

Hope I am clear now :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Friends.... is there a way for me to find out the make of struts in a Linea standing on road? Don't want to visit the SC just to check which make I have. Judging by people's remarks here, they are relatively satisfied with Linea post 2012 suspension setup as well. However, I shall need to research more as to what's going on.. I unmistakably feel my suspension setup has deteriorated, and at times I wonder if it is just the roads that are so so bad that this just fine setup is unable to cope? Have an appointment with SC on Friday, though, to totally replace struts and springs on my Linea from current 2012 to pre2012 Cofap made in Brazil. Do I need to consider make of springs as well ?
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Experiment?? I would say you've got a PhD !! All your efforts and knowledge share are really fruitful to all here !!
    2 people like this.
  7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I have an appointment with FASS tomorrow to change suspension to pre2012. Now, I read somewhere that TJet and MJD bore different suspensions with regards to stiffness? Damn. Anyone please confirm? What do I do tomorrow then, at FASS! I have Linea MJD 2012 with 16" wheels, GC 185mm stock. I am looking to change to pre2012 suspension, and I wonder if TJet and MJD pre2012 had different suspensions? How do we confirm this at FASS?
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Pictures of my T-Jet suspension posted here. Check it out to see if it can help in anyway.

Rajan
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Yes. MJD and T-Jet have different suspension setup. It is stiffer in TJet. Note that I am talking about only the Pre 2012 setup here.

I am contemplating to go with the Tjet suspension for my MJD when I need to change the suspension.

Suggestion guys?
  10. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    What do I ask them? They said suspension will bottom out the wheel wells because if 16" tyres. I guess TJet ones won't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free