1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ranconteur, You are nothing but another good eg. of FIAT doing out of box for their customers. People must take a notice of such incidence. I think you would have happily paid the whole cost of tyre if just they have assured that problem will be solved after swapping a new tyre. 35000 kms old tyre is already ready for replacement. People having good experiences with FIAT shouldn't hold back & must share their experience with rest of the world.
    It's bad luck that only the people with poor experience never miss to advertise & just put everything to dust that FIAT is. For majority of cases, he was not called sir, not offered coffee & his car was in the bay with Taxis around;)!

I can summarize it in a way that would shake any Chinese car enthusiast. You are not only missing VFM, most advanced, life saving with epic ride, control & looks, you are also missing such a good customer care experience. You are paying more & waiting in a queue with such high hopes & +ve attitude like finally it's nothing less than Almighty's tap & blessing:mrgreen:.

If one is -ve & disdained about FIAT before buying & owning one, be rest assured that he will be cold shouldered at TASS after owning one too. No doubt::O!
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

So the reason for bumpy ride is due to the tyres? mine is Bridgestone. if it is an issue with the tyres i can live with that.
  3. soori

soori

Dubai
    The issue with mine is the car bumps/ wobbles even the smoother surface. Tomorrow I will be visiting the A.S.S and the engineer from Goodyear will be inspecting. Hope the issue is with the tire.

Offtopic: I would like to swap the Goodyear with different tires. How much can I expect from the current tire which has run 3000kms? To avoid posting a new thread, which is the recommended tire for the car which rides in the coastal region and covers bad roads regularly. I was happy with Apollo acellere in my earlier car. I don't want to buy the tire which has soft sidewalls.
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Well for the 2 tires which i got claim , one was approx 20k run n other was approx 15k run . Honestly speaking it was surprising for me to accept the fact that I am getting 2 brand new tires for total cost of 2600 rupees . I am very impressed with Goodyear , the process was so fast that within 1 hour of meeting Goodyear engineer new tires were installed .

@soori , I never felt any bumpiness on smooth roads , it was only on uneven roads and now its almost 80% gone . 20% is due to fact that I still have old tires at rear . And 1 more thing , hard suspensions + wider tires do make ride a bit bumpy at low speeds .

@vishnu , the reasons for bumpy ride can only be bad tires or bent alloys . Suspension of my car is still working as a new one even after abusing the car a lot on bad roads . So do get the tires checked .

@Enki , service of Fiat here at faridabad is not upto the mark . But yaa if changing parts under warranty is concerned , I will give full credit to Fiat .
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. soori

soori

Dubai
    Yes, it's because of the tire profile. Mine is a different case.
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

i don't feel any bumpiness on smooth roads. So it may be the tyre itself.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I have Goodyears on my new 90 HP. Should I be concerned?
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i would suggest change the tires to a good one....
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Hmmm, I haven't noticed any problems and will keep an eye on the Tyres. Better brands would be MEF, Apollo, Bridgestone?
  10. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    If the tyres are good please go ahead..if you really wana change like i have done ...look at brands like YOKOHAMA C drive , CPC2 , MICHILIN. Since if your tyres are run FEW km you will get a better deal.

I changed frm APOLLO to YOKOHAMA C drive ...New ones were Rs 4900 / Tyre i got Rs3900/ Tyre for the old oned run 1300KM trust the driving dynamics has changed to a larger extend.