1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Wait. MJD you say? linealover is Vikram, right? Looks like there is an identity crisis.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    HaHa - The one you're talking about is Linea_Lover from Ahmedabad right? The one Ramjn is referring to is the one from Chennai with MJD :)
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Nice... :oops:

^^ yeah, I was talking about the underscore lover from Ahmedabad...
  4. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    after the first service where they have rectified this suspension problem car is damn smooth, even when riding alone over a bad road im not thrown into the roof like before also with 5 occupants no underbelly scrapping even with this soft suspension..
    and now our punto has transformed from a tractor to a car(in terms of ride comfort):D
  5. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello abhiiceman ji, Please give what modification you have done in suspension , in your first service to achieve good ride.Please post it
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

@Dr.Stephen by any chance, have you seen the struts of your car ? What's the make ?

I have tried magnetti marelli 2012 made in India (2013) at the rear and there is lot of difference in ride quality.

Currently my car is running on cofap 2011 made in Brazil and needless to say the ride is butter smooth.

I suspect its the Endurance struts Made in India that's causing this issue of bumpy ride.

How I conclude this ? I tried both 2012 and 2011 endurance made in India struts on my Punto and the ride was stiff and bumpy which left me unhappy.

One of the other Punto owner also faced the same issue with 2011 endurance made in India struts and hence my suggestion for all would be "Stay away from Endurance made in india struts and opt for Cofap made in Brazil or Magneti Marelli Made in India".

Good luck.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  7. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Guys finally i have upgraded to GC kit. Actually i got it done some 1.5 month back and since then i drove some 2K+ Kms on various roads. Expressway, tar roads, completely broken roads and let me tell you I am loving it :p. Old days are gone, no more underbelly scrapping and ride is still the same. Yes, there a diff between old setup and new setup while cornering. But nothing like we cant live with it, the handling is still the best. I never do high speed cornering, with new GC kit I am comfortably doing expressway Ghat cornering sections at 60-70Kms/hr. So, no problems what so ever.

I agree that though the GC kit is BEST, earlier suspension setup is THE BEST.

All in all the GC Kit is a win-win situation.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

That's great !!! In the interest of audience, could you please confirm the make of 2013 new struts ? Is it Magneti Marelli or Endurance ?

Thanks.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Initially everyone is happy with GC kit, but as days go by and kms pile up, people are not happy for the Punto atleast.

Another observation is that people who have gone from pre 2011 to 2012 are happy whereas 2012 owners as such are not.

This was the case with me too. But it might also be because I liked the 2011 setup after experiencing it first hand.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The case with Linea seems to be different.

linealover has now become a great fan of the new GC kit installed in his Linea.