1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. I have had the opportunity to drive old as well as new suspension in the same car, shaking effect is similar if not the same and also body roll is slightly less due to lesser GC.
    Jarring sound while going on rough patches is due to hard rubber of the tire.
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I am on Bridgestone MY-02 shoes... from GoodYear NCT5 stock.
  3. I am on Michelin,even it makes road noise on rough or gravel surface,depending on the tire you can get say 80 or 90 of silent ride not 100%.
    I haven't seen/driven a car with BMY-02,can't comment.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Also, someone please tell me how much GC loss happens with 4-5 adults inside Linea and a loaded boot? Will the "loss" be different between old suspension and new?
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  5. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Dear D.r Stephen,
    Now you are jumping from bumpiness to shaking!!

Hello Sat ji, I started a thread which explained my difficulties-mainly this shaking effect of MY LINEA-2012.At that time I didn't give anything about bumpiness.In due course of discussion,moderator of our forum,changed the title to BUMPY RIDE OF POST2012 CARS.I know for handling the spring should be slightly stiff and ride comfort has to be sacrified.Cars with these springs are just like low pass filters.All the low frequency motions of wheels will be transmitted to the car body.Hundais and other cars have slightly less stiff springs.So handling is sacrified and ride comfort is achieved.ACTUALLY I HATE KOREAN THINGS. Otherwise I would have bought a hundai.I really like FIAT.What I am searching-comments and suggestions-which will give good ride and reasonable handling with at least 175 mm GC.I am not ready to roll back to pre-2012 suspension,sacrificing GC to lower than 175mm.IF A SET UP SUITABLE FOR LINEA WITH 175 OR 172 MM IS POSSIBLE,THE BALANCE CAN BE ADJUSTED BY SELECTING A SUITABLE HIGH SIDE WALL TYRE MATCHABLE TO MY PRESENT 5 ALLOYS.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
  7. I don't have an issue with GC increase,even fellow TIFI'en Vithal is going for upgrade(only front) this week.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I have taken test drive of the post 2012 Linea but I didn't feel much body roll. Infact the ride quality was almost similar to my 2009 Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Only Puntos have a drastic difference in ride quality at slow speeds between pre-2012 and post-2012 models. Linea's 2012 suspension is better calibrated.
    1 person likes this.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    If we talk about slow speed body roll, its there is in pre 2012 Suspension Linea also.I feel body roll in my 2099 Linea at low speed especially in bad roads or potholes roads.