1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    Hi Imran and Driver,

Can I talk to you over phone on the details of the modification?
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Sure , I shall PM you my number right away.

Cheers !!

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  3. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    So guys you say I try and force them to just change all struts and leave springs and see, first..?
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sorry, am noticing your post only now. PM me incase you need any help. :)

Here is someone who is a member of TFI, claiming that his is the first Punto in India to have the downgrade, on some other forum.

http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?t=14665
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    HiIt seems that solution has been found.2 days back I corrected air pressure on digital guage at one BP pump.I kept 32 at front & 31 at rear.Bumpy ride minimised upto 80%. Only corrected air pressure.No wheel alignment & other repairs. I have stock Goodyear GT3 used for 30000 km.
  6. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    What about pitch & roll at slow speeds over rough roads?

Good morning, In my linea,by keeping 30 psi for all wheels has reduced bumpiness.However,pitch & roll at slow speeds over rough roads is there.This gives the fellow occupants,especially at front seat a thoroughly shaking effect,which is unbearable.What about this effect in your car?
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Lowering tyre pressure isn't really a solution.

You strain the engine and transmission with more load, the tyres are stressed as the sidewall flexes more, and your alloy wheels/rims are at the mercy of the potholes. And your FE goes down.
  8. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    My car with 36/33 F&R shakes unbearably too, over potholes. Looking for solution for this - shall get suspension changed to old one this week.
  9. Dear D.r Stephen,
    Now you are jumping from bumpiness to shaking!!

Shaking effect will be there in any car,depending on how soft the springs are it varies, Linea/Punto is not exempted from this.
    When you go over pot hole depending on which wheel gets in to the pot hole there will be tilt and once wheel comes out reverse of same tilt is felt by occupant.
    This not problem with car but the way our roads are, Linea or Punto will never have soft springs what you find in Japanese cars.
    if your need is such better sell your car any buy a Hyundai/Toyota or even Nissan.These cars will have slightly less shaking feeling but will have worst possible handling/road stability while cornering and unnecessary bumpiness at highway speeds, which Linea/Punto socks up easily.

Even a crossover or SUV will server your purpose,they will better on rough/pot holes but will have roll and pitch in normal roads at speeds above 80 kmph. or even as act of changing lanes or turning into corner.
    One car cannot cater to needs of all the people.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  10. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Dear sat, what about the difference in terms of effect felt when we compare the old suspension vs the new, on the Linea on the pots and bumps? How are pots and bumps handled between the old and new? Which is better of the two? I feel a severe degradation (much more pronounced sideways tilt and jar) in my 9 months of owning a Linea (MJD 2012 with 16") on the same stretch of roads or lack of them.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013