1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

I agree. I had the same thud sound in my Punto earlier. But now the rear suspension smoothly lands and there is no thud sound. I have Magnetti Marelli at the rear !!!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Magneti Marelli 2012 in rear - made in India..?

- - - Merged Post - - -

@dri3er,

I differentiated between Cofap and Magneti as Cofap made in Brazil and Magneti in India..
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Yes, its made in India and doing good job on my car.

4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    But Imranshks, I am in search of the best setup for Linea MJD.. :) the ride is horrible on bad roads and undulations. Flat-ish roads are still beautiful.

What's my best option..? I'm on 2012 raised GC by default. Should I just change to previous setup totally?
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

I am afraid, I have never met anyone who has done this exercise on a Linea. So I wouldn't be the right person to advice you on this.

For Punto, I can assure you, that just changing 4 struts would suffice.

"Anyone who has rolled back to Older setup on Linea, please help "!!!

6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

7. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Hmm. ... for the front, the elastic pads are a "required field" ... does it mean I will have to buy them? For, just the front struts and rear struts plus springs come to around 11k...
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

This combination ( without change of rear springs) has to be tried and experienced. Reason being that the Gross vehicle weight has come down and the older version was supporting a much heavier vehicle and the springs would have been stronger. With the reduced vehicle weight and the springs downgraded accordingly it should be ideal for the current 2012 car. IN both cases the combination may not be exactly what the doctor ordered but it has to be tried and tested. Just my opinion. Correct me if I am wrong

Abdul

- - -
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

How many kms has your car done? If it is less than 40k kms, the pads should be fine. If it is less than 35k kms, even if the elastic pads are bust, they need to be covered under warranty. :)
  10. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Just 11k, driver.. and the thing is that I am observing a very bad jarring ride on undulated and potholed roads that (the roads are just same, if not marginally better) was acceptably bumpy previously.

Also, I don't know, you may find this odd:

On a normal day, I make at least 4 to and fro's on the two bad patches I have near me. Sometimes, usually the first ride of the day, feels as if normal on the first patch, and by the time the second patch comes (normal 20-ish speeds) I feel like no, thought early, it has definitely gone worse than when it was new..

I am always in a flux now.. to drive very slow on those undulations and potholes or to whiz at 40-ish.. because earlier, me and passenger would just sway mildly, now at times I feel my head will bang the door window glass, and the passenger is obviously just controlling mouthing me... :evil::confused::(
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013