1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Simple. Tell them that the parts cost 'x', and your estimate is 'y', can you justify 'x-y'? Is it all labour? Or have you accounted for parts that MAY need to be changed like strut pads, bump stops, etc.
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Na, I didn't quite get a total real estimate, they said suspension change shall cost around 20-25...

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am sure they must be taking total expenses into account. I, however, wanted to know if the rear springs do need to be changed. They were adamant on it, and I was unsure.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, for Linea they need to be changed.
  4. Change to tire like Michelin,you will not have any issue.
    I am ruiing on 185 mm gc with Michelin,who ever drove my car acknowledge ride quality.
    Ride quality depends on springs,dampner and tire.by altering any one of them you can get good ride quality.
    But word of caution,most of the cars tend have ride quality but not handling,by trying to get good ride handling may become poor.
  5. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    I have Bridgestone MY-02. Ride was acceptable earlier, but today it is horrible. And service guys find nothing wrong. Refuse to believe any problem exists. They're not driving on these roads..
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @I13mjd, let them tell you many things, you can stick to what you need. Just change the front struts and rear shocks. I dont think you need to change the springs. Try out this combination first. I would suggest you go for the made in India Magneti Marelli shocks and struts. They are OE and will be much better as an element of India quality spec would have been added to the recipe for manufacture and will surely last longer. I have fitted the MM kit. Making wholesale changes by loosening the purse strings is great but doing the minimum, to get the desired results, will be more prudent . Fellow Tfian @driver has done this recent downgrade and he can tel you more about his experience.

What I have experienced very different to my earlier experience of 2009 suspension is that the thud is gone with this Maneti Marelli kit. I am just not getting that quickfire thud coming off a speed breaker at speed. so MM has just done that bit of work to even out the performance and complaint, which ( thud) you might get in a imported kit

Abdul
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

@jumu, do you mean the thud from the rear wheels? If so you are absolutely right.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Yeah, exactly. So it has become even better now. Magneti Marelli is making the old spec shocks now with this improvement. Well done FIAT.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  9. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    The service guys totally refused to change just the struts. They said for rear springs will have to be changed. Just didn't listen to any other thing. And also refused to change just the front.

Next, you're saying to change the rear to made in India Magneti Marelli (2012) and front to imported Cofap (2011)? Or rear Magneti 2012 without GC just made in India ...? As i understand I'm on 2012 Magneti in rear and don't know of front..
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Cofap IS Magneti Marelli. Check few pages back for more details.

Jumu, but as per 99rpm, for Linea rear spring change is also advised as part numbers are different atleast for pre and post 2012. Agreed that we can try our combinations but FASS would not be ready for that. Independent garage, yes.