1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Same solution. Downgrade it to older GC.

But, compared to Punto, Linea is better with the new suspension. What issues do you have with your Linea?
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

On a Linea its a challenge because the GC of old Linea is 161~163 mm. Which will definitely scrape the underbody of the car.

If you don't mind it scraping the underbody a bit, you can simply roll back to older struts and springs (whatever applicable) and enjoy the plush ride that FIAT always offered.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

^^ Nothing will happen with even 161mm of GC. I have done 40,000 kms in my Linea covering almost all sort of terrains in South India without any issues. J.Ravi sir with 165mm GC has driven in almost all states in India which includes Leh, HP, and Assam.
    4 people like this.
  4. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    At lower speeds, i feel the car is a bit shaky and bouncy. On highway ,i have no issues. It rides too good on highways.
    Might be i am thinking too much about it.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

After changing the suspension the GC has definitely gone low, overall the car looks more stunning with this low GC (personal opinion).

About the ride, I don't need to mention, after crossing the rough patch you would feel "is that really broken road?". The car remains poised on undulating roads and rough patches and people inside are at ease all the time no matter what !!

Drove the car for over 100 kms in city after this transplant and with 4 people onboard the car dint scrape at all. Cornering is more fun since the front portion remains railed to the road (Yokohama C drives do take bit of fun away). There's good amount of nose pitch when brakes applied (this effect wasn't there with 2012 suspension i had).

Took over some rough patches, some places where there's no road at all, some unavoidable potholes etc (all thanks to bangalore roads and rains) and my friends onboard were all praise about the ride quality (one of them owns a Fluidic Verna).

Overall, this change wouldn't affect the car in any way if driven a bit cautiously. People planning to roll back to older suspension, can safely go ahead.

If someone from FIAT is reading this "A humble request to FIAT, please don't mess around with the suspension of the car in the newer or upcoming models. We all love FIAT as they are, perfect blend of handling and ride quality."

Cheers.

4 people like this.
  6. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai

Sir, Pls visit Mumbai if you want to see how low GC affects Linea. We have the privilege of being next to the moon when it comes to craters, filled or not filled they are all the same. While I do agree on the stiff suspension (I had the GC kit installed on my 2011 mjd) but it has definitely saved the underbelly of this Italian beast. Unfortunately nothing can be done (at least in my case) until I decide to move to a different car in future.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Yes, above 60kmph the 2012 suspension is good. Until it reaches 60kmph its a pain. With the 2011 suspension, its just great on low or high speeds. It masks all the rough patches making you feel at home.

It's totally a personal preference though. Am happy with the 2011 suspension as most of the times am in the 0-70 kmph speeds ;)

8. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Congrats DRIV3R Imran and Abdul on getting the issue sorted. So we just need to install the pre-2012 struts made by MagnetiMarelli to get this resolved, nothing else need to be changed. Ground clearance also gets reduced although the springs are not changed, right?

Please post a few pictures to see the new stance.

I thinks it might be better to install older suspension setup with tyres with high side wall hieght, so that there is some increase in ground clearance as well.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Fayad: Cofap is Magneti Marelli's suspension wing. u8a5udy9.jpg

While AL is their lamps wing. (Our headlamps, tail-lamps are made by them, initial batches had them imported from their turkey facility while now they are made in their India unit I beleive)

And yes, you are right on all counts with respect to the components that need to be replaced.

The stance is lower and enhances the looks of the car and also the handling.

Here are few pics. a4ymuty6.jpg 5a4a6a7u.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    2 people like this.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    The current T-Jet , 2013 model GC is listed as 185/190mm - all those who have gone back to the older setup means that they have reverted to 170 or even further back to 161?