1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Yup. Only difference being the ones myself and Abdul (jumu) installed were Magneti Marelli makes while Imran tried the Endurance ones.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Only the struts. :) The elastic pads were good to go in my car. No anti roll bar either.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Update: am gonna visit Harish (Pride cars) and change only the rear struts to my 2012 magnetti marelli and try my luck.

The front portion of the car after changing to older suspension puts smile on your face. The car seemed railed to road and planted but passengers at the back complained about stiff ride.

Last step, I guess am closer to the resolution of this issue.

I will replace only the rear struts with the current struts (2012).

So finally the car would be running on front (2010 Endurance) and rear (2012 Magnetti Marelli) and Anti roll bar (2010).

If this fails, am gonna simply transplant to my older raised GC kit and drive for a few thousand kms and then change all 4 struts and springs and anti roll bar (pre-2012).

I would like to thank @Sat-Chit-Ananda for helping me out with the older setup that he had.

Hopefully this final experiment shall put the bumpy ride to an end forever tomorrow.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  4. Imran,
    MM struts and Michelin will solve your problem totally,i am reday to bet on this.
  5. Imran, Driver, Jumu: Please correct me if i have got it wrong on any points below.
    1. All three of you have moved to pre-2012 struts now.
    2. None have changed their Springs(they are all 2012 spring sets)
    3. Imran has gone for Endurance Struts while Driver and Jumu have MM struts. Imran maintains 2012 struts in the rear.
    4. None have changed their Antiroll bars.
    5. Driver and Jumu are happy with the present comfort after the change. Imran has more to try to achieve the comfort levels.

Can we please have the present GC figures from all three of you. Just trying to compile the results of your modification on a single post. :)
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

@spearman77, I am not very technical, but I just measured 230mm at the front bumper level and 255mm at the middle of the running board. What ever that you can deduce form those levels:)

Abdul
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@spear_man wait until evening for my update. I shall tell you what components have been installed.

About GC, I was well prepared to scrape the front bumper, engine guard, underbody etc but to my shock, with 4 hefty people like me on board, the car just behaved fine and no scraping yet *touch wood*

I strongly believe that a little caution over speed breakers and potholes can get you through with the older suspension setup. Nothing really to be worried about man.

I met other guy Sunil (part of TFI but hardly posts), drove his car too as he has installed all 4 2011 struts. He too went all the way on highways and drives in city and says "I don't understand who complained about scraping that FIAT increased the GC" :)

Anyway, shall keep you posted once am done with the last step that's pending !!!

Cheers.

8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Firstly, I would like to thank all the TFIans for helping me.

Especially @Sat-chit-Ananda and Harish from Pride cars.

Now my car is running on 2011 front struts and 2011 anti-roll bar and at the rear 2012 struts. The result is awesome plush ride that FIAT always gave.

The GC in front is lowered, but no issues of scraping.

Overall, I am a happy FIAT owner now. The car looks great n rides lovely on the roughest of the roads. It literally glides over the rough patches now.

Good bye bumpy ride !!! :D

1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@spear_man77: Here are approx measures using a measuring tape and not a ruler.

Front bumper to ground: 220mm approx, do note that the lowest point is the engine skid plate

Mid of the running board to ground: 250mm approx

Btw, running on 15 inch 195/60 tyres.

Good thing is that the body roll is also gone. One thing though, the front wheels rebound faster when I go a lil bit faster on the bumps, maybe cos the dampers are new. :)
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  10. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Any solution to the Linea owners ??? Help us out ,too.