1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Well it can be due to difference in rubber compound of tires . I also sometimes felt in my Punto that suspension is not working properly but after switching from GT3 to acceleres ,their is a lot of difference in working of suspension now , its very silent now + steering has become very light . So easy to drive punto now in city .
    1 person likes this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What is the correct tyre pressure, I called Fiat yesterday and she said they don't have the information.
    I can't find any information in the manual what the tyre pressure should be for my 2012 90 HP.
  3. soori

soori

Dubai
    The sticker near to driver side door indicates 32 on all 4 wheels. In the manual it's 29 on medium load and 32 on full load.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Maintain anywhere between 30 to 32 in all tires depending climate temperature of your locality. If the temperature is over 25 deg, pls inflate @30. During winters here in North India, i maintained it at 32 no matter load or not. With summers arriving, i may get it deflated to 30.

By the way you are the best judge to decide whether it's 29 or 32. Drive it for a day@32, if you feel ride bumpy & uncomfortable, deflate it at 30. I personally liked it at 32.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Thanks guys for your replies. I had doubts about the ride quality of my Linea from day one but then realised that Lineas are stiffer at low speeds. But then I came to see these kind of threads and suddenly all of my old thoughts came up. The problem is since i am from kerala most of the time my speed is <40kmph owing to poor roads as well as heavy traffic. So I experience this stiffer ride a bit more than others. Infact i have not been able to push my linea somewhere near to its limits due to this condition of traffic here. My FE too hovers around 11kmpl due to this.
    @Relativity: I maintain 32psi in the front and 30psi at the back. I have found it to be pretty comfortable. Its better to have a slightly higher air pressure in the front than at the back due to the weight of the engine in the front.
    @Soori: Hoping that your issues get rectified soon.
  6. soori

soori

Dubai
    I got a SMS from Goodyear stating that the complaint was raised. On further inquiry, I have been told that a engineer would be coming to inspect the tires. If the issue is not with the tire FIAT would be sending the engineers. Still 3 more days to go :(
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That is some serious customer care for an individual owner. I guess the sooner the better people realize that FIAT customer care may not be the best expertize but they have been most disciplined & honest with their efforts. I don't see any Hyundai/Maruti/Toyota/GM even entertain such complains, forget about making efforts like summoning their tire, seat assembly or bla bla vendors.

Good going Soori, pls keep us updated. Don't worry it's a minor problem & will be resolved in end for sure. Let's hope it happens at earliest for your individual & FIAT's sake.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    @ Octane - I have never heard anybody keeping different Tyre pressure in front and rear. I guess it's a learning for me.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Sorry, im not bashing any person's point of view but please do not follow shuch practice. Keep your air pressure according to your car's sticker. No manufacturer is that dumb to niglect R&D on tyre pressure. They have tested cars with engine mounted!
    @Relativity, keep tyre pressure at 32/33 psi only. Keeping pressure low can cause adverse effects on tyres. Keeping pressure low at rear may cause difference in ride handling & stability.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi , I also 3-4 days back got my GT3 tires checked by Goodyear engineer and to my surprise on the moment I got a claim of 75% i.e 25% of total cost of a new tire borne by me for a car run 35k kms . I changed to apollo accelere for front tires while at rear i have GT3 . Bumpiness now is reduced by say 80% on rough roads . Tire dealer also told me that Goodyear are always known for wobbling problems . He has received multiple complaints of Goodyear tires while none so far for apollo.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012