1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Don't remember where, but I read somewhere that the anti roll bars of 2012 models are more stronger to suit the improved GC struts. Not sure if it's valid.
    Anyway, do post us your driving experience. Take various scenarios like fast cornering, bad roads, slow drive over pot holes etc., and compare both the suspension.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

That's just a marketing gimmick for selling the whole kit.
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Imranshks & DRIV3R, eagerly waiting for your report/reviews. :)
    Imran, the ones that you are putting are Magneti Marelli make?
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Sure sir, am gonna drive the car in the same way and note difference once I get this 2010 setup installed, except for speed breakers (shall be extremely cautious)

And maybe whenever you are free on a weekend, we can catch up and u drive my car to know the difference :p

The operation isn't completed yet, let's hope it turns out to be successful.

I second that bro, both the anti roll bars weigh same, look same, length and breadth also is same and design also is identical. Now how could one be weak and other be strong ? I don't know how technically we can arrive at a conclusion but after all this, I would say "there seems no need to change anti roll bar for suspension upgrade or downgrade".

P.S these are my words, any expert advice would be more than welcome :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    I have upgraded the GC kit of my Linea last month from KHT motors. Although I could not drive the car much after that, but normal city drive looks good till now.
    However, I am seeing an issue where a specific noise (Kdik - Kdik) comes while trying to accelerate the car. Looks like a noise from the suspension.
    I consulted one of our fellow TFI-an before GC upgrade and he said you will hear some noise from suspension till first 3000 kms of city drive and then it will subside.
    Not sure if it is the same noise.
    Also I need to drive the car more on highways and see how it behaves.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Guys, just got the car back. One word, W-O-W. This just feels like on a magic carpet.

I could realise the change as soon as I exited the service centre. She feels the same as my 2011 90HP. Got a 200 plus kms drive tomorrow morning, would update the high speed characteristics after that.

The poise, the Fiat trademark cushioning, wah, am just enjoying. Never felt so happy after spending 9k.
    8 people like this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Unfortunately, after spending a whole day at the garage, my issue hasn't been resolved. :(

A day off from office went wasted, nevertheless i wont give up !!!

Shall keep you guys posted.

Cheers :)
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Oh no.. You guys are tempting me to switch to the pre-2012 suspension.

9K for brand new Magneti marelli's? Just the 4 struts or anything more (anti roll bar, elastic pads etc.,)?
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  9. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    Hey Imran and Driver,
    Does that mean that two of you did the same thing and got different results??
    1 person likes this.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

I am planning to meet a person who has done the same exercise on his Punto. He just bought 4 2010 struts and installed them on his car.

He is running on 14'' tyres and is happy about the ride quality. I don't understand what's so special about my car ?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2