1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Lowering the tyre pressure increases rolling resistance and is not a safe practice.

I am not a tyre expert but that's what most of the experts and tyre professionals suggest.

Running on 27psi with 4 adults on board is something unacceptable to me atleast. I would suggest running on 30psi atleast.

Cheers :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    and how was the fuel efficiency?
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

My 75HP's suspension is being changed to OE Magneti Marelli pre 2012 stuff. Will receive the car tomorrow. Will update the results here.
    2 people like this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Hi all,

Currently at Pride cars getting the old suspension sourced from @Sat-Chit-Ananda transplanted into my car.

The strut height has changed in the new models but the action seems same when depressed. Bump stop is slightly bigger in newer models.

Anyway, I am replacing all 4 struts and anti roll bar of 2010 and springs remain of 2012.

The way this gentleman Harish (Pride cars) works, maybe FIAT SC should hire him for training their service center folks, he definitely knows about what he is doing unlike the experts at service center.

Fingers crossed for now, shall keep you guys posted on the results once I drive back home.

Cheers !!!

1 person likes this.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Another observation, the Anti roll bar for old and new models is same . I don't know why service center guys asked me to Change it.

So guys planning to transplant the older suspension can check on this. The anti roll bars are completely identical.

6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Imran bhai, am not changing anything other than the struts. Funny incident happened, will post it along with the update after I receive the car.
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    So it is confirmed that 99RPM GC Kit is 100% genuine.
    I was planning to upgrade to higher GC and was planning to do this outside FASS.
    The roads I drive are really in a very bad shape.

Rajeev
  8. Check the tilt angle for the metal plate
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

I checked the bar and it was identical. Even Harish was sayin its identical. :)

Yup bro. Waiting for your post. I think only changing 4 struts will solve the problem of bumpy ride. No other components needed :thumbup:

10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    BTW, when I checked with Service folks in Aadya; they said its better to change only front suspension which comes to 6000 cost.
    This is enough if we need any GC increase. No need to go for complete set. Let me know if this is correct.
    Also, let me know if anyone with 2012 models want to exchange with 2011 suspension. I am thinking to increase GC.