1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    DRIV3R - I understand that you're not exaggerating and can clearly understand. But my point was more around what other hatches offer with similar steering feedback and handling etc. We all choose Fiat for what their strengths are and all I'm suggesting you guys is that since we've an option to downgrade and enjoy superior ride and handling let's do that instead of spending time to troubleshoot the set-up. Hope you understand.
    1 person likes this.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

@teky I already did the necessary trouble shooting and arrive to a conclusion that am gonna shoot this trouble by changing the suspension setup to older one.

Somehow found time today and sourced the older suspension from fellow TFI-an @Sat-Chit-Ananda.

Hopefully I will get it installed this week (again, I ll have to take a day off from work, just for this exercise).

I shall keep you guys posted on the same.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  3. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    I've also felt the ride to be bumpy at bad roads in my 2012 GP(bought in jan 2013). I've compared it with two pre-2012 GPs and they were a lot better. But another thing to be noted is both the pre-2012 GPs were having 14'' wheels (active models)and better tyre height compared to my 15" tyres(Emotion).

Have we found out a solution for this problem?

Did anyone revert back to the pre2012 suspension, I guess imranshks is the first to try out the old suspension.?
  4. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Guys is it that bad really??? I am planning to switch to GC kit. When i drive 90 hp i really dont feel that the ride quality is that bad.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guys is it that bad really??? I am planning to switch to GC kit. When i drive 90 hp i really dont feel that the ride quality is that bad.
    1 person likes this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It's not that bad or it isn't bad at all if this is the only Fiat you drive. :)

I would be next to revert back to old setup simply because I am pampered by the pre 2012 setup. While I do enjoy the extra GC while tackling bad roads, I suffer all the other times and so does my family. It's too jiggly and bumpy for the elderly atleast with GY GT3 tyres.

For those who are waiting to get the upgraded GC for the Punto, there is one coming up on the classifieds soon.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

I would suggest you to try a car with GC kit installed before you opt for it. Compare the new and old setup back to back on the same stretch of road and then you can decide it for yourself.

7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Bro, I got Yokohama C drives but still no luck. Though the tyre soaks a bit of impact, the suspension seems to be way too stiff and people in the car do jiggle n bump :D to elderly people this is real pain, as my mom suffering from back ache doesn't even feel like sitting in my Punto but doesn't mind travelling on my 5 year old santro though.

All the pre 2012 Puntos I have driven were either running on GT3 or Acelers and trust me, they were all leaps and bounds ahead than my car with Yokohama C drives. I don't know if its only my car or all 2012 cars ride the same way but with the raised GC am damn sure we are missing out on something.

Many instances my Dad said "Is this FIAT Punto ? Huh, My Maruti 800 was a lot better in terms of ride quality. You were the one to choose FIAT, else I always told you to buy VW or Skoda or Ford. When there were loads of options in market, I don't understand why you wanted to go for a FIAT in particular??" (Then am declared foolish) :D

Finally, last night I said that am gonna sacrifice the GC, scrape the car a bit due to it but will show you what FIAT Punto really is, the one am driving isn't really the car I intended to buy :p

I shall keep you all posted as am planning to take a day off this week, just to get this older suspension setup installed on my car. Hope the extra GC takes the bumpy ride along with it forever :)

Wish me luck :thumbup:

Cheers !!!!

2 people like this.
  8. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    All the best Imran :up. I really hope the result is positive and there will be a lot of guys waiting to get the ride quality corrected.
    1 person likes this.
  9. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes I too feel that the ride of my Punto 2012 is a bit bumpy at low speeds.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lowering the tire pressure will be a better solution, better ride + better GC. My car had bumpy ride when I installed CPC2 tires. Then I started playing with the tyre pressure and found that at 27psi the ride was comfortable, the tire lasted for 46k km, and my stock tires lasted for 47k, so it didn't affect the tire life much.:up