1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

@pdydeva if you want to try my car, you are more than welcomed but it would be great if someone from Bangalore owns an older Punto and is willing to help us out by offering a ride in his car.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I have old suspension and with new shockers front and rear.The GC has gone up but I also feel the car is Little more bumpy on uneven roads like road with potholes in line and also steering goes left right on bad roads (was there with old shockers also). I dont know whether the bumpy ride is less than 2012 models as I test driven the 2012 model 6-7 months back.So little bumpy feeling there in old suspension also.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

That's the difference mate. Little means acceptable, in our cars is too much which means unacceptable :)

4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    may be a small get together at some open road should help us find the amount of difference.
    How about having one coming sunday? I can get my 2012 Punto in which I don't feel any major discomfort in terms of bumpy ride (first time FIAT driver).
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@pdydeva am more than glad :) this Sunday works perfectly fine for me.
    PMing you my contact details.

Cheers :thumbup:

2 people like this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So what was the outcome?
  7. I recently drove Punto with Belstien shock absorbers, you will stop complaining about bumpy ride after you drive that car.GC was more or less same as FIAT GC kit.
    Person's name is Ashok and met him in bagmondala during my coorg trip , this guy had driven all the way from Hyderabad.I did not datre to take out my camera to bagmondala so couldn't capture the pics, i requested him to open a ownership thread in TFI.
    2 people like this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Relativity The outcome was that his car also is running on post 2012 suspension with Raised GC. His ride was a little better than mine as my car's front struts were gone for a toss. So i got the struts changed and now my car is better than what it was earlier.

But in the menatime, i did try a 2010 model at the service center. The SA took me out for a ride on that car and trust me, just sitting on the passenger seat i was all praise about the previous suspension setup. Bottom line is "As post 2012 owners, we are definitely missing out on the near perfect ride quality which FIAT always offered to its customers until 2012" :)

@Sat-Chit-Ananda How much did the Bilstien shocks cost him ? am sure not less than Rs. 30000 :D its a little too much but still worth it.
    1 person likes this.
  9. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @Sat-Chit-Ananda , I am very much interested in knowing the cost of Bilstein shock/spring assembly you have mentioned. If it is under 40,000/- I am interested. Please try to source the details from the gentleman you have met. Also get the performance details(ride comfort on rough roads at slow speeds, handling). I am opting this because of my aged 80 + years old mother.The roads in cochin,kerala,after heavy rains are in pathetic condition.If the problem of this bumpy ride at slow speeds on rough roads is solved,then LINEA is a super car.Another thing I have noticed is ,after using the car (17500kms) ,and almost 25 % of ride over rough roads,the spring has slightly softened(my feeling).Anyway I am looking for an alternative for slightly comfort ride over rough roads.
  10. I donot have the contact of the person, as i met him in Coorg trip, I had invited him to join TFI.
    Please check with Pete's or methods automotive they seem to do this kind of work.