1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. I saw springs in 99 RPM site, but not sure it pre 2012 or not.You can also try contacting Dealers to see if they have any totaled pre 2012 car which can be the source for you.
    Another source could be Kawa, they might have old springs with them.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The SA at FASS told me that the springs are the same for pre 2012 and post .The only difference is the increase in the height of the shocker by an inch.They sell it as combo but there is no difference.
    After I got the new shockers installed (old model) I feel the cars height is increased and handling too.Now I dont touch the speed barkers i always use to scrape.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Varin11 springs are same for front but different for rear.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

I checked with Vecto motors SA Bangalore and also @PlatinumShine checked with SA from Pandit Auto Pune.

For Linea the rear springs and 4 struts along with anti roll bar,
    For Punto 4 struts with anti roll bar should be changed to roll back to older suspension setup.

If anyone has concrete information, please help us by posting it on this thread.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    For linea its 4 schockers + 2 rear springs. Kit was opened by me only while upgrading.
    In Punto diesel anti roll bar don't have to changed but in petrol it have to changed (Not confirmed)
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  6. No, Anti roll bar does need to be change in both Petrol and Diesel, it was changed in my car.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Okkk.May be he was talking about the front shockers since i wanted to get them replaced.
  8. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore

Ours is 2012 model but driven only 1k for 5 months still abt 20 days left for first service..but the ride is very bumpy on uneven roads like a tractor .and the front makes a kat kat noise when going over pothole or even when down shifting and revving

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    There is a point. I have a 2012 June 1.3 MJD Punto with improved GC. Now I am eager to try a pre-2012 Punto to understand the difference. BTW, my tires are Apollo Acelere with 32 psi.
    To find the exact difference, can someone point me the exact speed and kind of road in which I will observe this bumpy ride problem?
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@abhiiceman welcome to the league of raised GC. I have exactly same issues that your car has and I can totally sympathize with you.

The ride quality is at its worse when you drive all alone (I travel alone most of the times) but with 4 people on board its a little better.

Still this is in no way acceptable at all. Tak Tak sound is from the front struts when you go up speed bump or when there is sudden load on the front shocks, I know that's very annoying and feels like the dashboard is rattling.

Also the steering and vehicle tend to be wobbling on uneven roads. The steering literally plays around if you don't hold it tight on uneven roads.

Go to service center and show them this issue and also escalate it to FIAT management as you ll find contact details in this thread.

Good luck :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2