1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

@Nadeem I highly doubt if changing the struts would resolve the issue. It's just that the service manager is insisting and I said ok.

Already a fellow TFI-an @Relativity has changed struts under warranty but still no luck. He too has ordered for 2011 suspension parts to fit on his car.

Either all post 2012 cars have this issue, or maybe only a few owners might have caught this issue and the rest are happy with their rides.

Whatever the case is, let's wait to hear from FIAT.

@fiat583 thanks a lot for the follow up email to Mangesh again.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Imran Bhai just change the struts and see if there is any change in Ride coz ur service manager is insisting and it will be changed under warranty..i think Relativity is also blaming like you to FIAT for Bumpy Ride of his 90 hp..i think its issue in all post 2012 cars,some owners like you are experts in judging ride quality of pre 2012 and post 2012 and some are dumb and are happy with their ride or else only few owners might be facing this issue..Fingers crossed to hear from FIAT about you all members facing Bumpy Ride issue in ur FIAT's..Insha Allah FIAT will definitely find a solution to your car's Bumpy ride issue..
  3. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    Dear friends,

Mangesh from FIAT called me yesterday.Seems like he is determined not accept the issue. Anyways, after a long discussion, he proposed to have the area/zonal service manager test ride my car when he vists my area. He told me like they wil first check my car and then decide on the rest. That doesnt seem to be a nice approach for me and is not acceptable. Seems like they want to avoid it as a group compliant.
    I would suggest that each of us mail to them and mention the issue and the list of owners so that we can ensure individual attention as well as establish that it is not a single coincidence.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@fiat583 great to hear atleast Mangesh responded to you. I have been getting calls from FIAT customer care guys saying the dealer will get in touch with me but no signs so far.

Thanks for all the effort man. At the moment, I see no other choice than rolling back to older suspension kit and enjoying the ride and handling ( GC shall be compromised a bit but that's never an unsafe option as engine guard will protect the engine oil sump).

Only problem I see is shelling out over 15k which definitely is an expensive affair :)

5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was expecting this type of behaviour from Mr.Mangesh.This is old habbit of Mr.Mangesh from 2009.Formery I had owned 75 HP & now 90 HP.My FGT was facing problem poor performance but no ecu error & currently my 90 HP also facing this problem.I phoned him for about 40-50 times. Wrote letters.But Mr.Mangesh failed to solve it. I discussed about possibility of faulty ecu firmware & other bug in ecu.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I was expecting this type of behaviour from Mr.Mangesh.This is old habbit of Mr.Mangesh from 2009.Formery I had owned 75 HP & now 90 HP.My FGT was facing problem poor performance but no ecu error & currently my 90 HP also facing this problem.I phoned him for about 40-50 times. Wrote letters.But Mr.Mangesh failed to solve it. I discussed about possibility of faulty ecu firmware & other bug in ecu.But he declined.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Even before this thread started, I was already escalating this issue to Mr. Mangesh, all I would say is he listens and acknowledges but there's no action being taken by him nor by the dealers.

I might be a little early to conclude but sadly I guess all of us have to settle with this pathetic ride quality throughout our ownership or get rid of it by rolling back to older suspension setup.

7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @bhai, yours seems to be a permanent issue of similar problems. You have yourself confirmed that you use kerosene contaminated diesel. If the FGT and the VGT when in your hands is showing same problem, it is possible that the environment that you are using is at fault. The fuel quality is what i am hinting at. Maybe excessive soot is hurting/ numbing the free spool up of the turbo. Try using a diesel additive for a two or three tanks and then use the injector cleaner and then take firm steps to fill only at reliable pumps. Also constant and easy access to diagnostic kits and service centres may also be contributing to your attending even small faults and enhancing it unknowingly.

If Mangesh begins to attend to your calls and requests, then he might have to station a Fiat engineer permanently in your hometown, which will also spur you to diagnose more problems and then the FASC will become a regional R and D centre for FIAT:)

Abdul

- - -
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. Imran,

My cars earlier suspension parts are ready for you to tryout, i might go out on this weekend.
    Would you like me drop it at Harish's garage? if you can some how source springs from pre 2012 car it might resolve your issue completely.
    -Sat
    1 person likes this.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Thanks a lot Sat. I am trying to source the same but looks like there's no option.

Sure, you can drop the suspension to Hairsh's place. I shall call you this evening to discuss about the same.

Thanks a lot for your help again :)

10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    bhai, if you have a SHELL bunk near your place or in your city at least for a few tries (5-6 times).
    Can you get fuel filled from them and check if you still face this issue?
    Then we can discuss based on your facts