1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Its ok.. never mind. I was against the GC increase from day 1 on 2012 models even when some of experts rejected any probabilities of spoiling handling and control, i was not convinced though. Physics still not defied and that's why offroaders are not roadsters. But Contrary to what you are saying, many 2012 owners never complained about harsh ride (didn't even notice it!) and lot others actually hailed the decision. It's coming down to individual preference finally. If you want your car this way, don't complain about anything and lets do it. However you must know what you are doing. Do i make myself clear here, be sure of yourself that "you indeed like PRE 2012 MODELS". Any confusion here would be a disaster and then i have no option but to agree that indeed you are a fool:evilsmile.

For now, there is world-load of difference between being "Passionate" and "Foolish". You are passionate about your car and you want it the way it should be, nothing wrong with this, if it looks foolishness to someone-else, let it be so.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. linuxmanju

@relaitivity and others who are rolling back to old suspension setup. I think somewhere @italia-linea mentioned that there are two variants of pre 2012 suspension setup. The later one is slightly stiffer and solves GC issue mostly without sacrificing the ride quality and handling. While looking for an upgrade make sure to ask the SA that it is this newer pre2012 suspension what you are being upgraded to not the other one which scrapes everything on the road. Earlier discussion which I had with Prerana Motors SA about pre 2012 suspension roll back is that It would cost around 15 Ks for the New-Pre2012 setup and may be 2 to 3 Ks less for the Old-Pre2012 setup may be that would explain the price differences quoted here by different outlets.
  3. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

I have sent a mail to FIAT today on the issue. Copied all those who have provided me with thier email ids.
    Lets wait and see.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

@fiat583 thanks a lot mate. Just went through your email.

I have addressed the same individually too. Hope FIAT listens and acts upon the same.

Thanks again.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  5. @fiat583: Excellent job pal. Hope we will get some positive response from FIAT.
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

thanks a lot fiat583! the domain for email is fiapl.com in your email. I believe we need send it to @fiat.com. i am not having access to email rt now; will do the.changes tonight.
  7. Those 2012 owners who wants to revert to pre-2012 suspension( and who hasnt done too much KMs) can sell their suspension kit to a pre-2012 owner who wants an upgrade at a good price. This will be a mutually beneficial proposition. ;)

Anyway, a mail containing details of the problem has been shot to Mr Mangesh and others in FIAT by our forum member fiat583. Refer thread below.

The mail contains contact details of all those who have reported on that thread. Waiting fingers crossed for the response. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This all due to sturts Made by Endurance under collibration of Copef, brazil.
    Cars before 2011 fitted OEM Copef has unmatched ride & handling quality like Uno & Palio.
    Uno & Palio had original sturts Copef, Made in Brazil.
    Not sturts made under any technicle collibration.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

@bhai in that case only 2011 suspension setup can give you the perfect ride and handling for which FIAT is known :)

I am ordering the 2011 suspension next week, already spoke to Mr.Channasappa from Vecto and he insists to first get current struts replaced and check. He has already ordered part (front struts) and waiting for arrival :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Yes Imran Bhai 2011 suspension setup gives you the perfect ride and handling combination in which FIAT cars have set benchmark in their segments..great Imran Bhai atlast you are ordering 2011 suspension which give you smile on your face for its perfect ride and handling..get those front struts also replaced and check if ride is settled for you or else downgrade to 2011 suspension..:)
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.