1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hai enki ji and all members, Your suggestion is 205/65/16 tyres ? Now a days I am driving over very rough surfaces ( the road construction was going on and due to rain the construction work has slowed /stopped).Now I feel that the stiffness of spring has slightly come down than that of earlier condition. Any way I will be changing my tyres after using it at least for 35000 kms.Can I change to 205/65/16?.Again there will be increase in G.C and it will affect handling.5 tyres will cost minimum Rs. 30,000 and if improvement is not there then the money will be wasted. For my travel, a GC of 175 is a minimum is a must because of bad roads.
  2. Imran: I have the option to give only 1 like. Otherwise i would have given 10 likes. Specially wanted to thank Patchyboy, Cubbie, and Venka for supporting Imran.
    Mr Mangesh is going to get a mail from me today itself. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Enki. I already dropped a mail to Mangesh, hope he reverts. One of the dealers in Chennai has already ordered the 4 struts and are in stock with him, he is waiting for the anti roll bar. I will call up the other one today and ask them for the part numbers in the Gc upgrade kit. That way, we will get to know what all is changed during the freaking lousy upgrade and throw away all those parts in trash and switch to the real suspension that Fiat is famous for. I can't believe I am paying 15K from my pocket to undo a thoughtless decision from Fiat. In fact, I was getting a end of 2011 model at a discount in March 2012 when I bought my car but I refused to buy that although there was a discount on that and paid more for this increased GC model. That is a double loss. I am an idiot.
    2 people like this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@Relativity True bro, it certainly is a hole in pocket. But once you get the original suspension setup and drive a few miles on it, you ll surely forget the money spent.

Good luck bro, I don't know why, deep down am feeling happy for you and your car :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  5. vamshikiran

vamshikiran

Bangalore
    For me GC Kit upgrade was a must, I am going with it today..... Lets see the outcome once I get my car back...Will post the feedback.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Reading all the previous posts, I get this feeling that it may be the unchanged springs of the rear and the front struts that could be the culprit. It may that FIAT glossed over the springs while they went about lowering the GVW (gross vehicle weight) of the post 2012 cars almost 60kgs if I am not wrong. Pre 2012 cars as is mine that had had the GC upgrade dont have the bounce issue as the spring has a higher load to support.

It is good that you guys are taking it up with FIAT and will be good to hear their take from on this. May be they can work out a recall after modifications.

Abdul
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    There is no weight change between 2011 and 2012 models. That happened a few years ago.
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

As Imran said we atleast need to take this up with FIAT. Well, we have another thread to provide details of owners facing this issue and it will be communicated with FIAT (Mangesh I believe) on 10th July.

Spending 15K is some expenditure :( I wish FIAT atleast gives some subsidy on rollback if not a solution. The 2012 suspension are not faulty but by design providing a stiff ride at lesser speeds and in this monsoon its getting a little more difficult. So, I doubt FIAT will give any subsidy. Anyway lets take it forward then see.

For those who plan to rollback I would suggest wait atleast until we hear from FIAT. What say?
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  9. Hope you have driven a 2012 or later model car before you decided to go ahead. If not, Please do it immediately. Whether you decide to go ahead or not, you should understand what all things(both pros and cons) you get with this UPgrade.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I am just wondering that I never (or did I miss any?) noticed any pre-2012 owners who have got the GC upgrade kit complain about ride quality. Is there more to what we have been assuming, to be the culprit in Post-2012 models?
    1 person likes this.