1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    soori,

I am also facing similar issue but I am living with that. I have booked an appointment on 8th this month. Let me check with ASS and update you guys. I have a long drive [Chennai - Coorg] scheduled on 23rd this month, need to fix before that.

-Gopi
  2. soori

soori

Dubai
    Gopi,

3 cars are facing the same issue. This is quite serious, Fiat shouldn't ignore this issue. Please PM me your number so that we can keep in touch and find the solution. I will be visiting A.S.S on March 9th. If everyone raise our voice to Fiat through A.S.S this issue should be solved.

Between which model is yours? I guess this issue is after increasing the ground clearance. Something to do with the suspension components.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Gopi - to be honest you're getting too much worried about the car. Bring it over the weekend and lets compare with other cars. Think it's due to your perception and nothing to do with the car. Every visit to service centre can create other problems.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  4. soori

soori

Dubai
    teky,

About my car, I've compared it with other cars. Even A.S.S folks has agreed that it is not normal. In my case, it's not perception. :(

Please make sure to compare the car and come into conclusion.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Agreed mate, this may be something with the increased GC, but Gopi's car is a 2011 make so I don't think it's a problem. My view is that we tend to amplify small problem which is probably non-existent.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. soori

soori

Dubai
    Might be. I'm having sleepless nights. I want this issue to be resolved. Reason: I bought this car for ride quality and handling.
    1 person likes this.
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Mine too is 90HP May2011 Make...

If it is really just my perception, I am happy to accept that. In the past I had bent alloy issue and recently my front wheel bearings were replaced under warrenty and the reason for replacement was there was a mild shake in the wheel. I will call you we will try to meet this weekend.
  8. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

@Soori : Any updates? I am also facing this issue.
  9. soori

soori

Dubai
    Update: The car was dropped on Friday until Saturday. While the drive to A.S.S the car wobbled very much at the speed of 40km/hr and was very scary. Lowered the tire pressure upto 2psi and the ride was okay.

The folks specially technicians were very knowledgeable and tried to fix the issue. We tried swapping the tires of different Punto, used even the spare wheel and the issue still persisted. I took the test drive vehicle and observed the same issue. Finally, sales head agreed that there was issue with the test drive vehicle too.

The car is now with me and on the advice of service folks called the phone number in the e-mail signature of Mr. Mangesh. However, his colleague attended the call as he was busy. Nevertheless, he could locate my e-mail and assisted me and listened patiently about the issue. Good job Fiat. The customer support is better than Hyundai and please retain this.

They have assured me to send the engineers from Fiat who are currently in Bangalore. He has assured to get back to me by tomorrow and co-ordinate so that they can inspect my car.

P.S: If any one has this issue, please escalate this to FIAT so that they can diagnose the issue and fix it from the plant level.

Also, Thanks Gopi for listening to me patiently over call and sharing your thoughts. It was nice interacting with Fiat owners :)
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  10. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Guys.. I have certain doubts.. Is Punto 1.2 Active's ride quality better than Linea's?. I have found that the ride quality of my friends punto active 1.2 to be better than my linea 1.4 Epk. Is this due to skinny tyres or anything else?? Also tyre noise is less in his car. And there have been situations when i have felt that the car does not absorb any shocks. For example when my linea goes over the reflectors in the highways at small speeds i.e 10kmph-30kmph it feels like there is no shock absorbing at all. But as the speed rises i.e more than 45kmph then everything becomes smooth. My car does not have any stability or wobbling issues. On smooth roads it rides flat n smooth. But at lower speeds(<40kmph) it feels a little bit more bumpy.. I had a palio elx earlier and i have to admit that it had better ride quality than my linea. I maintain 32psi @ front and 30psi @ the rear. Mine is Aug 09 make.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Guys.. I have certain doubts.. Is Punto 1.2 Active's ride quality better than Linea's?. I have found that the ride quality of my friends punto active 1.2 to be better than my linea 1.4 Epk. Is this due to skinny tyres or anything else?? Also tyre noise is less in his car. And there have been situations when i have felt that the car does not absorb any shocks. For example when my linea goes over the reflectors in the highways at small speeds i.e 10kmph-30kmph it feels like there is no shock absorbing at all. But as the speed rises i.e more than 45kmph then everything becomes smooth. My car does not have any stability or wobbling issues. On smooth roads it rides flat n smooth. But at lower speeds(<40kmph) it feels a little bit more bumpy.. I had a palio elx earlier and i have to admit that it had better ride quality than my linea. I maintain 32psi @ front and 30psi @ the rear. Mine is Aug 09 make.