1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Somehow i am not able to convince myself when passing through rough patchy roads or pot holes as slow as i pass through it sounds like something ripped off and fell on the ground with a loud thud sound i haven't experienced this type of sound with other cars is that the suspension is heavier and hanging by the car and falls apart as soon as we descend..:confused
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

GC comparison. Front has normal whereas rear has increased GC.
    Going for complete kit in coming days, kit just has 4 shckers and a balance rod.
    IMG_20130629_185954.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@sunswape cool...this month am tight on budget and left with a little bit of trouble shooting too.

Next month am gonna shoot the trouble and join the low GC club mate.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I thought that Fiat removed the anti roll bars when they fitted the higher GC kit. I was given the roll bar back along with the worn out struts and shocks when i went for a GC upgrade. Now that I am planning to go back to old GC, I was told by the Fiat technician to bring the anti roll bar back when I plan to do the fitment.

Abdul
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@Abdul any specific reason that you are rolling back to old setup ? Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Am planning to get it fit next month.. :)

6. In my knowledge, the GC kit includes the new anti-roll bar. When you go for the fitment, can you please compare the size(dia) of the bar and share the details here. Just wanted to understand how different it is from the old one. BTW, they will be giving the new anti-roll bar back to you. You may ask them to do a buyback. I assume you havent done so much KMs with the new kit.
    Also just wanted to know why you are reverting back to the old setup. Is it because of this ride problem?
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

jumu, i am at FASS Pune today. just had a good word with SA about reverting to old gc setup. he told one neeeds to go for all four struts, rear springs and antiroll bar for 2011 kinda setup. he told me antiroll bar.differs in design for both setups. but one can do with retaining the 2012 antirollbar too. however it is always better to go for d perfect one.

EDIT - I spoke with service advisor again today and he confirmed that only Linea's rear spring needs a change whereas Punto doesnot. Even in the GC kit for Punto there is no new spring.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. But, can we have the upgraded springs of the 2012 and have the antiroll bar alone from the pre-2012 setup? I have a gut feeling that this might resolve the problem with the bumpiness, eventhough at a cost of higher roll. ;) Definitely, FIAT would have put the stiffer anti-roll bars there in 2012 setup for a good reason, but it is worth giving a try.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Yeah , I will be changing the two struts and the rear shocks, but rear springs were not changed when i did the GC upgrade, so will do with the old springs. I will fit new roll bar of the old design as I seem to have misplaced what I had.

Abdul

@imran, I like the plush ride of the old set up and I feel I can live with the thud once in a while. This new GC, I have nothing much to complain about even though it is a bit stiff at low speeds, but since I might have the car for just a year more, I thought, its time to enjoy comfort ride:)

Abdul
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@Abdul thanks bro... Am planning for the same next month.

I am quite upset with the ride quality in my car, and looks like even replacement of struts in front wouldn't help much in reducing the bumpy nature of car at upto 60 kmph. 80% of times we don't get a chance to drive at 60 kmph in Bangalore, so decided to roll back.