1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Got my Punto's front shockers changed to old setup. Results are fantastic, ride is really very bad with raised setup :-| Hell with ground clearance, my Punto has started riding just like it should. Mine is a Post 2012 model, already came with raised height
    Total cost 4000 incl labour, single shocker is for 1300.
    2 people like this.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

What about the springs,you didnt change them?
    Any pictures,your car has 205/60/15 tyres,isnt it?
    How are they coping up with the new set up?
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

@Akshay4384 Springs are changed only for rear front struts retain original springs.
    Punto already had enough GC(171). It was only linea (161) which used to kiss every parking ramp, breaker and any irregularity on road.
    Ride is really very good with old suspension but with new suspension too its not that bad.
    1 person likes this.
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

thats good to know!
    1. if you didn't change the rear suspension then wouldn't it be difference in height between front and rear?
    2. Also, was there not a need to change the stabiliser bar at front? Ok , this is what SA had told me when I enquired about going back to 2011 shocks.
    3. Can someone plz post which are the parts of suspension which were changed from 2011 to 2012? I read above that springs are rear are changed not at front. Kind of getting confused now as to which parts need change to be able to go back to 2011 setup.

2 people like this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Interesting. I think i will get this done similarly in the next service due in a weeks time. did you fix the stabilizer bar back for the old setting ?

6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I am confused. Just changing the front struts is not going to make the car equivalent to the pre 2012 suspension setup.
    What about lowering the GC? The rear has different springs/dampeners for both models. Also, what about the anti-roll bar?
  7. am also confused. Can somebody comment on what platinumshine has asked. We need to know what all components where changed as part of the GC upgrade kit. This is based on the safe assumption that what all things FIAT has changed on the 2012 model cars are the same that has been included in the kit. How could we do with 2012 springs and pre-2012 damper sruts? What about antiroll bar? Dont we have to revert back all the components of the kit to go back to pre-2012?
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    dont understand why you are asking the query's about the suspension gc set-up, when imran have got the problem resolved.Why dont other bumpy-owners follow him ?
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@Ganges we all are fans of pre-2012 suspension coz that setup was near perfect in terms of ride and handling.

If anyone is voluntarily wishing to sacrifice GC and go back to the older setup, it isn't a bad idea at all bro.

Sooner or later I might also join the group :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Currently I have no picture but I will post one soon. Let the rain subside and let me wash my car ;-) Rest I did't changed the springs, just the struts. No prob at all, did alignment and everything is normal EXCEPT the change in ride quality and handling. It does handle and ride way better now, like to the point where I dont need any more :) The famous Punto ride, I NOW experienced it in my own car. And Yes Iam running 205/60 profile, nothing touching anywhere and they now look well proportionate, no ugly gaps.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013