1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    You are right. That is how the 2012 set up handles potholes and broken roads. The higher the speed , the more comfortable is the suspension function. At least that is how it feels. At lower speed , the 2012 suspension is a bit hard and thats when one will yearn for the pre 2012 suspension. So it is a bit of balance.

Abdul
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Guys do u think worn out shockers/Dampers can give bumpy rides or vibrati9ns in the front side and steering,
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@varin11 to answer your question. Yes, if the suspension doesn't move at all (like my car's case) its likely that the struts have gone bad which cause the bumpy ride.

If the road undulation and potholes aren't being absorbed by the tyres and suspension, the end result is bumpy ride.

The case here being discussed is something else though :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

hey Imran,
    Are you sure that the struts are not moving (not doing what they are supposed to ). how have you ascertained that?
    Yes, then you have got the culprit here and replacing them should be TATA-BYE BYE to bumpy ride.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    There are 2 reasons:

1. when you brake in a normal car (functional struts), there is nose pitch happening, in my car it never happens.

2. I met Sat-Chit-Ananda and drove his car and we compared both the cars. His car has post 2012 suspension setup. Even he felt the suspension seems to be way too much on the harder side, the car just doesn't swing or bob at all.

3. Lastly, rear struts were gone bad (Vecto motors guys told this during my 1st service itself) yet i have been driving the car past 2000 kms.

I strongly hope that replacement of struts will get rid of all the problem, fingers crossed for now.

cheers.
  6. Imran,
    How could all the struts of your car be damaged at the same time? Are you referring to damage or is it a manufacturing defect? Was it like this right from the beginning or it deteriorated over time?

Btw, the nose pitching is not pronounced in my car either. The fact is that i do not see noticeable nose pitching in any FIAT cars. I see them only in the big MUV/SUV. Did you experience this pitching when you drove Sat-Chit-Ananda's car?
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Yes, its not very noticeable but present for sure...in my car its not.

Also, the guys at Vecto are about to replace rear struts and check the ride for now.

If the issue still persists then the front struts would be changed.

Rear suspension is not at all actioning, its definitely manufacturing defect coz this issue has been same ever since I bought the car. It hasn't deteriorated over time mate :)

Hope all is settled for good.

8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Guys, in my case it was faulty struts (shock absorber) that was culprit behind the harsh ride at the back.

Replaced the struts under warranty and the ride is back to normal now. Gotta get my front suspension and strut pads checked next weekend as they do not have strut pads in stock.

Now the ride seems more pliant as my friend spent sometime at the backseat today for around 20 kms and said he felt the ride quality is superb :D

I seem to be nearing to the solution, hope the front suspension also gets back to normal after the detailed checkup next weekend.

Shall keep you guys posted.

Cheers :thumbup:

9. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I too want to get rid off this issue, but then I also dont want any mechanic to play with my car and gift some more unwanted problems. Iam looking towards aftermaket options. Apart form sports, Iam more inclined towards comfort oriented side. STILL, Iam sending my details. Who knows FIAT might do something about it.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine is June 2011. Completed 28000 km.
    Experiencing too much operating of sturts.

I mean I am not getting resistence while sturts going down in any pothole.
    I mean too much soft suspension & little bit uneven working of sturts.