1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Feel Bumpy Ride on post 2012 FIAT? Give in your contact details.

Count me in. I have already PMed you my contact details bro.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Plus 1. Will PM you the details. February 2012 manufactured Punto 75HP Emotion with GY GT3 tyres.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    NOTE: We will wait for your contact details until 07/10 only.
  4. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Hi count me as well. I have posted my details. Linea 2012, Apollo Acceleres OEM.
  5. I guess many users are unaware and is taking it for granted. Mainly people who are unaware(read first time FIATians) of the typical Traits of ride and handling of FIAT thinks that what they have now is the best. The fact is that the real "FIAT feel" is much better than what they are enjoying now.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am one of the MORE informed Fiat owners on this issue. I just had the front suspension replaced under warranty but the overall ride is still bumpy. I also upgraded to better tires at only 10K KMs. Then I also had the rear springs and dampened opened and checked. I have even considered transplanting to 2011 suspension with lower GC or going for a sports suspension like Bilstein. Will PM you my details. But I don't expect Fiat to do anything about it. The 2011 ride and comfort quality was near perfect. They messed it up for no rhyme or reason.
    2 people like this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@relativity please let me too know about any alternative apart from pre-2012 suspension. Coz I travel with my family and my dad will keep yelling at me if the bottom scrapes very often.

If there is something we can do with the current suspension setup (same GC) i would be more than glad.

Having said that, even I know FIAT can't do anything about the issue but I see no harm in giving it a try and voicing out our problem.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  8. There is one "Plus point" i noticed with the 2012 setup. The car hits sharp edged potholes at high speeds with just a slight jerk. I happened to hit a big deep pothole day before yesterday, and i was doing around 75-80kmph. I saw it when it was too close( i had a truck moving in front of me) and i screamed :eek: seeing its size, and decided not to hit the brakes as it was less than 10 or 15 mtrs. GP girl went over it and i didnt knew. It was just a slight jerk and muffled up THUD sounds. I was amazed by this SUV like behaviour. I am not sure if this is the case with pre-2012 cars. It could also be due to the high profile tyre i have (185/70).
  9. Man, Please aviod doing it often, it affects lower arm, a bigger impact could spoil the strut it self. ASS people donot know or understand how to set it right later.
    Common advice you will get is it is okay to drive the car with these numbers going north or south.
  10. Thanks for the advice, Sat. However it happened by accident and will ever try to avoid it in future for sure(have always tried to, but you know.. accidents do happen). But the incident gives me some sort of confidence to freakout over potholes. Am i spreading a wrong message here? I think so. So folks, Never ever purposefully attempt it(even for confirming what i said ;). Disclaimer: The person who posted this will not be responsible for any outcome of such trials.