1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think Sat has the GC upgrade kit installed, because the 2010 GP did not have 185mm GC. Sat can you confirm?

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Sat-Chit-ananda has mentioned somrwhr in earlier posts that he has installed gc upgrade kit
  3. Yes you are right, i have the same dampeners as newer cars.
  4. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Bouncing abnormally? ? Like hydraulic cars??:confused:
    Either your expectations are too high or something seriously wrong with your cars suspension setup.

PS::Sorry to say but the title of the thread is very misleading for prospective buyers and existing post 2012 owners(they will start doubting their car), if one or two people in the forum have faced peoblems and others are fine with the same suspension setup, how can all 2012 models have problems??
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Totally agree with you..

i have a jan 2013 make punto 90 hp and i have no such issues... RIDE and HANDLING is Superb...!!

PEACE!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Update: Got Yokohama C drive on my 2013 Punto 90HP, brother driving it and I am sitting on rear seat. Superb ride comfort. No issue of bouncing or uneven ride on bad roads and a lot of plastic rattles are gone for good.

The suspension has come back to life. Ride quality has improved a lot !!!

Brother is all praise about the Yokohama C drive tyre!!

Bottom line, Goodyear GT3 were causing this Issue, now that I got rid of them, issue sorted !!!

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    5 people like this.
  7. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

See brother this is what was the problem all along..
    So how has the car been behaving afyer this change?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Congrats on the new shoes... U should have come to 3m for us to have a look at the yokos....

Happy the long annoying prob is atlast and forever solved...

Lets the mile munching begin on the new shoes :)
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@Mohankv and @wolverine_arnab yeah. Even though the suspension is tuned to be on stiffer side on FIATs, the tyres were causing all the problem I believe.

I was in a fix whether I must change the suspension and then think of tyres or the other way round.

Finally after consulting a lot of people and TFI members, I couldn't stop myself from getting Yokohama C drive. Now the vehicle just runs flat on roads and the bumps and irregularities or roads are soaked well !!

My suggestion to everyone facing this issue, if possible try other tyres before concluding that the suspension is gone bad.

In short, the vehicle is a lot more better to drive and bumpy nature GOOD BYE !!!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Quoting my own post from this thread. So it was the GT3 tyres indeed as we suspected.

Well, Imran buddy, all is well that ends well. Enjoy the ride.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.