1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Imran anna,
    as you have bumpy ride issue i would say go for soft side wall tires,better opt BS MY-02.These tires handles well on bad roads as well.
  2. To some extent, your shoe upgrade will compensate for the problem with the stiffness of suspension, but it wont fully. Clearing the suspension problem is a must-have, in my opinion. I changed from stock 165 JKs to 185 Michelin XM2s and it made good difference. Then i reduced pressure from 32 to 29 which made it even better. But the issue is still present, which will be fully resolved only after the suspension problem is identified and fixed.
    1 person likes this.
  3. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    What is the difference in length of pre 2012 linea compared to post 2012 linea spring/damper(shocks)? Any idea? Can anybody suggest a suspension set up identical in dimension of 2012 set up which is slightly less stiffer than 2012 set up. Bilstein like set up is extremely costly. The cost should be around 30k.,.but shoul be with adjustability in the case of stiffness. My tyre profile(for all 2012 linea emotion) is 205/55/16.Changing to a different brand, keeping the same profile will not give considerable change.(I think so).Anyway I am waiting for apt solution from experts in this field.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Actually it is not the height that is the magic number that is responsible for under body scraping of the old lineas. It is the bounce brought about by the softness of the suspension. So a quick fix would be the stiffeners of the kind that @epicentre used in his Punto. You should go thru his thread' Peted k&Ned. It will cost you not more than 7000/- and solve issues while still maintaining most of the comfort of the old suspension.

Abdul
    3 people like this.
  5. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Abdul,My problem is bumpy ride due to 2012 suspension. I want 180mm GC of 2012 linea suspension with less stiff set up. What you have suggested will again increase the stiffness.Please see how we can reduce the bumpy ride of post 2012 cars on rough roads at low speeds (20kmph)
    1 person likes this.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @dr.stephen, ha ha, you seem to be asking for the best of both worlds and a suspension setting that would see Fiat sales fly. Any way nothing wrong as some brain storming would help always. I suggest you speak or PM @epicentre and find out how you can use it for your 2012 suspension. What that contraption does is it does allow compression on load, but limits the rebound of the spring which is the prime reason for bounce and hence I tend to believe that your cars bouncers can be hooked:)

Abdul
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  7. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Good evening Abdul ji, What I am looking is the same you have mentioned. My mom (87years old) feels these jerks terribly.My wife also feels the same.Anyway I am searching for a reliable ,safe solution.

Apart from this bumpy ride, I like MY LINEA. So if I can solve this I will be very happy about My Linea. Some minor issues that can be ignored/rectified is there.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  8. Dr Stephen,

You can try changing your cars tire to comfort tire like Michilin or Continental, I have a 185 MM GC and running on Michilin PLC, i don't face issue of bumpy ride.
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    Hi Abdul,

Anyhow, High GC + very soft suspension will result in serious handling issues. But we are not asking for the most comfortable drive or not even a comfortable drive, we are searching the ways to get a "normal" ride quality on low speeds in our car!!!
    I am not sure whether you have already experienced the slow speed bumpiness of post 2012 models though.
  10. Sat-Chit-ananda yours is a 2010 GP. We are discussing about issues of stiffer suspension on 2012 and later.. 2010 models have a very good suspension indeed, but the 2012 models bounces abnormally on low speeds on uneven roads. Thats our problem.