1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Got a call from Hyson FASC Cochin yesterday enquiring regarding the feedback given on FIAT website. The person has requested me to take the car to the service center for checking this up. Anyway my first service is due first week of June, hence told him that will check this during the first service. FIAT has changed.. ;)
  2. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    But if we are going one by one to the FASC or FIAT as well, they may simply try to avoid our concern with some silly reasons.
    What about filing a mass compliant to FIAT if we have atleast 50+ users with the same issue?
    1 person likes this.
  3. How do we go ahead with this mass complaint? As you said, unless we make good numbers, the effort will be worthless. Expertos can you please advice?
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

How about starting a thread, so that all the post-2012 & 2013 owners can come forward and give their contact details along with car details.

We can later consolidate the list and mail it to FIAT and bring it to their notice ? That's one thing I can think of at the moment !!!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

@imran, I am copying a mention of the reason for bumpy ride by @bhai in one of the other thread. I am not sure if he has mentioned this already in this discussion.

"In addition to that cars after 2010 fitted with Indian sturts Made by Endurance facing
    problem of bumpy ride where sturts Made in Brazil Copef brand gives outstanding ride quality"

Can you find out if this could be the problem you guys have been complaining

Abdul
    3 people like this.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@jumu thanks for the information. I will have to check on this with the service center guys.

If that's the case, I might have to check for the struts made by copef as am planning for a replacement of the whole suspension setup parts.

Spoke to SA from Vecto and he has agreed to get this changed under warranty. Let me check when I get the service slot.

7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

@Imran: that's wonderful! are you getting parts replaced per the older spec? GC= 171mm.
  8. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    Lets first confirm whether there is any such problem with the Indiam made struts, though I've not heard of it anywhere. If that proves wrong, as Imran suggested, we should start a new thread for collecting the details of owners facing the same issue and mail to FIAT. May be still they are not aware of such an issue!
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@platinumshine no, same post 2012 setup. for older setup I will have to pay from my pocket, so rather I shall spend that money on getting her good shoes (Yokohama C drive) :thumbup:

I feel this issue is specific to my car, else the SA or people who diagnosed the car at Vecto wouldn't have acknowledged the issue :)

10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Imran, good to know that service folks acknowledged that there is an issue with your car. Hope its resolved soon and you are happy with your ride.

Again, Fiat stood by its customers and agreed to resolve the issue amicably. I agree that there were few hurdles. But I doubt any other manufacturer would have connected so well. Nothing against a particular brand, just quoting an example. - I know few cases where people aren't happy with Verna Fluidic's rear suspension. People have complained to Hyundai that its extremely bouncy. But no concrete efforts from the manufacturer's side to resolve the issue.
    1 person likes this.