1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Sticking to stock size for now, 195/60/R15 Yoko C drive :)
  2. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    Thanks Imran for the quick reply.

In the mean while, I was also researching on the side wall and found the same. people say that the side wall is helping the suspension to swallow most of the shocks. But if we increase the sidewall, it will comprimise the handling and the increased GC again is a not a good thing for post 2012 Fiats. I think it is better sticking to the stock size of 195/60 R15.

Now need to confirm which is the most "comfortable" tyre. The names coming up are Michelin PLC, Yoko C, Yoko AVS Db and Michelin Engery XM1. I want the best in case of comfort!!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Imran,

I had the GC upgrade done and immediately I was dissapointed by the bounce and firmness of the suspension. I felt terrible initially, but then it seems to have settled down over a period. Now I have done more than 23K kms and I am used to it. Just take your ultra sensitive mind off the issue and relax and move on, and enjoy the other aspects of the car. you will then find this a non issue.

If you are very keen to get the plush ride, then I would suggest that instead of wasting time on brooding and FASC visits and dont mind a little expense , simply order the old model suspension parts (two struts and two shocks) and dont forget to order the anti roll bar. You can then enjoy the mercedes level comfort. It will cost yo in the region of 12K

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

But last time I inquired, old setup is not available now. Only the new setup is available with dealers.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@jumu Considering Bangalore traffic (my daily commute and driving conditions) most of the times I end up travelling in the range of 10-50 kmph speed and this weird behavior of the suspension is just unbearable in that range (might be the case with my car only and not all post 2012 models). Had this been manageable, I would have definitely taken my ultra sensitive mind off and just driven the car as it is !!! :)

My parents question me, why does a car that costs 8.75 lakhs bounce like this and cause discomfort to passengers when our Maruti 800 costing 1/4th of it never did so ? Do I answer saying "This is Fiat Punto and this is how it is meant to be"? post which am sure of getting 2 tight slaps from my parents.

OT: I drove Tata Vista D90 the same day when I had been to get my car diagnosed yesterday, and trust me I dint like any bit in it but the ride, it was pleasant all the time.

About the old suspension setup, in case the ride still remains bumpy and unbearable after changing the tyres to Yokohama C drive, am gonna let the service center guys check it, let the Fiat service engineer check it and finally if nothing works, I shall spend my hard earned money and consider buying the older suspension setup.

Thanks for the advice. I shall keep you posted.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Its not a set up,as it never was.
    You will have to purchase the individual parts,if you want to switch.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It is like this . When your car goes for service for suspension, they will fit the parts as per the model year. So it will be the new ones for post 2012 and the old type for cars before that. It is the same with the brake pads i guess.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes,that is correct.
  9. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

@Imranshks: I checked with SA at Pandit Auto about the change/not in 2013 suspension setup over 2012 on Friday. Today spoke with him again and he told me he has checked with FIAT's flying doctor and waiting for his input. Will keep thread posted soon as I get something.
    1 person likes this.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@Platinumshine thanks mate, looking forward for your update :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2