1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Yes, I have booked a service slot for 7th June. Probably, will ask them to drive my car and then a pre-2012 model back to back and notice the difference.

In the meantime, planning to change the tyres as well, either Bridgestone MY02 or Yokohama C drive. I guess atleast those tyres might help in managing the ride :)

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Sorry to hear your about your problem not being solved.
    Get the SC guys to test drive a post 2012 and your car b2b to know the difference.
    As suggested by some tfi'ans there is no point in test driving a pre 2012 car when your car comes with post 2012 suspension setup, even if the sc solve your problem they will be changing your suspension according to 2013 models only.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Since I am one of the TFIan that suggested this, let me clarify. I suggested this only as a pointer to show the SA who claims " Sir, this is how it is in all FIAT cars."

@imranshks - Of course, I am not the right person to be giving you any advise on this aspect. I have never driven the Punto (pre 2012 or post 2012) for extended periods. As a matter of fact, I have not even driven my T-Jet much on highways, expect for a couple of trips to Tirupathi. I have driven the T-jet predominantly only for my daily office commute. So, I believe you should take the advice of more experienced members who drive cars similar to yours.

All the best and hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Rajan
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  4. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Mr.Rajan please dont read between the lines, read his quote once more, hope it makes more sense then.
    Tfi is an automotive forum where we are united by our common interest and same brand of car, here we share our experience and try to learn from others expereince.there is no need to get personal here.
    Regards
    Arnab
  5. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Mr.Rajan please dont read between the lines, read once again his original quote, hope it will make sense then.

Btw tfi is an automotive forum where we share our experience and try to learn from each others experiences.
    Regards
    Arnab

6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Ah. Ok I got it. Sorry about misunderstanding the quote. My bad. The rest of my post is however fact. I don't understand why you think I am getting personal. Obviously, people who own and drive cars similar to Imran's cars are better equipped to make recommendations than me, right?

However, if you feel it was personal, I am sorry. That was not the intention.

Rajan
  7. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

It is fine.

By personal I meant you dont have to share your woes of not having driven much on the highway etc, as it wont help imran or anybody else for that matter.
    Obviously people who have driven punto extensively are better equipped to answer.
    Sorry if I have made a wrong impression, it was not my intention.
    Regards

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  8. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    Hi All,

I think many of us agree on the same point now and some of pre 2012 owners can understand our problem. Eventhough we note it as a slight difference between the old and new puntos, in a class comparison, i would have to say that if the pre-2012 puntos has the best ride quality in the class, the post 2012's should be the least. - This is only about the ride quality, the handling and stability should still rank the first in the segment.

But I dont beleive we can get a permanant solution for this. So, thinking about the alternatives. I am thinking about changing my 3k old GT3 tyres. Even though the tyre section is a much discussed thread, can some one advice me in this special case? I am using 195/60 R15 GT3s now. Which tyre profile and which tyre can help to reduce the BUMPY RIDE to the maximum level?

What is the impact of increasing the tyre width to 205 on bumpy ride, negative or positive? Also, I dont think increasing the side wall(?) from 60 to 65 is good, but if i decrease it to 55, will it have any positive effect?

Somebody please help!!
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@fiat583 decreasing the profile will give you even more stiffer ride and good handling.

After a lot of research and discussions, am planning to exchange GT3 for Yokohama C drives.

You can also consider Yokohama AVS Db series or Michelin PLC. I guess for post 2012 models this should be the best possible fix for enjoying the ride.

Good Luck :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  10. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

You are going for stock size or 205?