1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@DRIV3R firstly, I would like to apologize to you, as I have been one among those people earlier advocating, coz I still remember you posted about the harsh suspension post 2012 models causing discomfort (this suspension setup is a joke).

I was wrong and you were right about that :)

Anyway, I shall keep everyone posted about the issue once I visit the service center tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Pal, no noise but genuine feedback! :) feedback about how the 2012 car rides at lesser speeds; speeds which we do in daily city use with family onboard. There is definitely appreciation for FIAT for responding to customer feedback and taking care of GC issue and yes teh car still rides & handles wallah at highway speeds. thx for your input !
    Going back to 2011 GC kit is always an option but what if FIAT takes care of the issue in current GC kit itself.

@Imranshks: buddy, as pointed out by fellow TFIan I think if there is no solution from FIAT then you migh t want to try MY02 or Michelin PLC tyres. This FIAT is just too beautiful to give up on her :)
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Fiat Created Linea with 161mm GC and Punto with ~170mm,i think this was the default GC for their markets across the globe.
    Now due to Our road conditions and ill designed speed breakers,Fiats started scraping,and complaints started coming up.
    To over come this,they came up with Shockers and Springs to raise the height by 20-30mm.
    I am not sure,but was there any extensive testing done on cars with the new suspension?
    I guess not.Now if you tell me that a Linea with 190mm GC handles and rides like the one with 161mm i will take it with a pinch of salt.
    To reduce the excessive pitching around corners,the shockers and springs are pretty stiff now,due to which ride suffers at low speeds.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ^^
    Are you sure springs are different ?
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

The GC kit comes with New Springs and shockers,so pretty sure they are
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I can confirm that I have seen BMW 3-series and Mercedes C200s bounce over the same potholes, drain covers and paver blocks (at low speeds) in front from me in the same fashion as my Linea :D. People in Mumbai will know what I am on about...
  7. I also have the same problem with my 2012 Punto. Many people(including one who owns a 2010 punto) has complained about the bounciness on uneven roads. I have changed the rubber to Michelin XM2 185/70 and reduced the tyre pressure to 29/29(which made it slightly better). The TD car i drove was better than mine, but i was told that also was a 2012 one. 2010 model which i drove was perfect. My friend says that he feels like sitting in an APE autorikshaw. I have put a complaint in fiat india website just now. Dont know if they are ever going to respond. Will share it here if i get any. No complaints about roll or handling on high speeds on smooth highways. Dont have complaints about cornering abilities too. They are all acceptable, but the bumpiness is not. I personally feel that it could be due to the stiffer springs on 2012 models.
    2 people like this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Right now am at Aadya motors ruining my weekend.

Checked with the service center guys and they say "sir, this is how it is in all FIAT cars. Your car is just fine, all the cars bounce like this due to new suspension. Once the suspension takes the load and gets used to, things should be fine".

Wow!!! Am glad to know that I am a moron to complain about the ride quality.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Imran, tough luck buddy. Convincing service folks is the toughest challenge! Ask any one of those guys to accompany you on test drives of other 2012 Puntos. Hope this will make them understand better
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Even better, if you are able to access a pre 2012 Punto, take the SE for a ride on both cars, back to back, on the same roads, same speed and other controllable conditions and ask him if he feels no difference.

Rajan