1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. soori

soori

Dubai
    Tron,

Did check the alloys and no issues. I will go the tire shop and check the tire pressure with the manual gauges there. They have around 2 to 3 gauges.

Hopefully, its the irregular tire pressure.
  2. soori

soori

Dubai
    I suspect this is something with tire balancing. I can see a wobble in the steering at all speeds. :(
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I need to come in at this point. Recently when I was in my friends tyre shop , he told me about a Palio customer who had recently fitted Bridgestone tyres and he complained of bumpy ride. The bridgestone engineers came and checked and confirmed that there was a tyre issue and gave a 50% off on new tyres. Did you flat spot your tyres during braking anytime ?

Is the bumping at the front or rear ? Try interchanging the tyres of front to back and the backs to front and check again .

Abdul
  4. soori

soori

Dubai
    Abdul,

Thanks for the reply. Had been to tire shop and the tire was balanced. Also, the tire was rotated. I feel this is from the front of the car. Did check the alloys and tires too.

Even spoke to A.S.S and S.A took the trial run. Even he could find the issue. But don't know the reason for the issue.
  5. soori

soori

Dubai
    Update: Inspected by A.S.S . They have checked the whole suspension, however, couldn't rectify the issue. :(

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Once again the alignment has gone mad. Hope this isn't a manufacturing defect? What might be causing this? Bad ride+ plus alignment going bad?

Is it a problem with suspension components or tie rod? Please advice.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I experienced the same on a relative's Punto.

After much headbanging :A, the tyres were found to be mounted improperly on the rims.

I'd say get the tyres removed from the alloys and then reinstall them again. Get this done at a quality tyre shop (preferably) who know what they are doing. Just a simple tyre removal from alloy and reinstall.

It can eliminate one more variable.
  7. soori

soori

Dubai
    Am gonna ask them to do that. Does faulty anti-roll bar do this?
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    As gurjinder told go to a trusted tyre shop. The wheel alignment and balancing done at any dealers space are not accurate as done at professional fellows. Is there any slight left pulling?
  9. soori

soori

Dubai
    I had done it from professionals. And I think they are good at that. They were second to notice this bumpy ride. First thing I tried to sort it at A.S.S when the steering was not centered and the car was moving left. They did the alignment and handed over to me. The car was fine for 100 kms. The car started going right. Again I had it corrected there and the issue started after say 130kms. Took it to tire professionals. Aligned the tire and was normal for again ~100 kms. Also did the balancing. But after inspection the car was running fine and suddenly again the alignment went bad. Now the car is gliding towards the right.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    alignment could not change this often!!