1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Are you sure ? Coz when I asked people around they said its the same suspension setup post 2012 and no changes were done to it.

Still, I shall confirm and let you know over this weekend.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  2. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting thread
    IMO, FIAT lost their major USP here. I really never bother of scrapping issues of my 2011 Punto. Does it really necessity of increasing GC for cars like Punto and Linea which already protected with engine guard? This is definitely deal breaker for me :(.
    1 person likes this.
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

I was referring to this thread. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/exteriors-body/8216-issue-suspension-11.html
    Thanks much!

Meanwhile if I happen to visit FASS before, I will try gather some info and post it.
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@PuntoMJD as per service center guys, there were too many complaints of oil sump damage and etc due to low GC. But that doesn't mean you increase the GC of a hatchback or sedan to almost equivalents to a SUV :D

Fiat cars are not off-roaders but good handlers and cruisers. I sometimes wonder what did FIAT think of achieving by raising the GC so high while compromising so much on ride and handling.

Fiat Punto GC = 195mm & Renault Duster GC is = 205 mm... Seriously makes one think !!!

5. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

basically what FIAT did was respond to customer feedback of frequent scraping. Gave an option which could be adapted to less than 2012 cars also !! I am not sure how much feedback has gone to FIAT about the ride quality hampered. If yes, then they will definitely respond. with another adaptive approach.

Although we know that ride quality has got affected but the handling part still remains top notch compared to other premium hatches like i20, swift , Liva, etc (not Figo).
    Request to mods & Dr. Stephen, could we chaneg the subject line to say 'Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS' rather than Body roll which is only minimally more than previous Puntoes and Lineas. I am not finding hte Report post option :(
  6. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly
    They already provided option of GC kit for pre 2012 cars. So why this circus to increase GC like SUV's? Its better to keep optional.
    I don't think anyone will complaint (non FIATian ;)) about ride quality. Even my BIL have post 2012 Linea and never discussed/complaint regarding ride quality.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

You know what, am sure that most of the FIAT buyers including me fell for FIAT coz of 3 things:

1. Build Quality
    2. Ride Quality
    3. Handling

Build quality remains intact whereas ride quality and handling don't seem to be the same for post 2012 models.

I hope and wish that FIAT is able to address this concern.

Cheers :thumbup:

1 person likes this.
  8. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

It did make quiet a diff by changing the suspension setup post 2012, yes no doubt there is a bit of compromise on handling.but now our cars wont be scraping under normal driving condition.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Sorry to disappoint you buddy, but to me it seems something is wrong with your car only.

There isnt much complaints from the post 2012 owners side, Infact I for one am quiet happy with my ride except a few issues here and there.

Btw did you get some other people to drive your car? And did you drive any post 2012 car??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@wolverine_arnab well, I would be more than glad if its fault with exclusively my car provided I get this fault fixed.

I am just worried about, what if the service center guys or FIAT guys do not get my issue fixed ? What's the solution to get rid of this pathetic bumpy ride quality?

I drove almost 3 cars (post 2012 manufactured) and though the ride quality was a bit harsh, it was still just manageable and acceptable but never felt great to be honest.

Just to reassure myself, I drove one of our TFI members pre-2012 Punto 75HP emotion pack model after driving my car for a while and I must say, that car bought smile on my face. The ride and handling aspects were just as if FIAT had set a benchmark !!! :)

Bottomline, I dont know if my car is faulty or its 2013 models suspension setup which are meant to be like this, all I care about is, service center guys or FIAT fix this thing before I lose patience and make up my mind to sell my car off :banghead:

I shall update my ownership thread this weekend once Aadya guys examine my vehicle. :)

Cheers :thumbup: