1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Frankly, I don't know what FIAT guys were smoking when they thought of this. What the cars needed was additional 10 mm max. They tried to take them to SUV levels.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Thanks for the hint Kedar. What is the GC of pre2012 Punto ? Is it same like Linea, 161mm?
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Pre 2012 Punto diesel has ground clearance of 171mm and Petrol Punto had 173mm ground clearance.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

I have a tjet and my folks sometimes complain about the ride being too taut, esp side 2 side on taking fast corners. I think longer wheelbase may be a factors. wearing seatbelts in the rear helps mitigate the issue Imo.
  5. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Good evening, The problem of this bumpy ride on rough roads at low speed is really a negative mark on 2012 linea. Mostly we use cars for family trips. So it should be comfortable at low speeds on rough roads ( mostly our roads are not good). Highway trips:- People like us go at a maximum of 90 kmph. For extreme speeds, actually stiff suspension and low GC are a must.As a family car, FIAT people should come with some solution for this problem.Those who have visited the FIAT plant in Pune and have some connection with them should raise this to them.I have completed 15000 km in one year.So far apart from some rattling ( from rear left c pillar side-may be spot welding problem) no other issues so far.R.F motors,cochin were not able to rectify this.Though FIAT exclusive has come in cochin,the work shop people are the same.Anyway next week I am planning to take my car to them.Those who have feb 12 onwards lineas please comment on the bumpy ride.
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Dear Mr. Stephen, Let me suggest you a solution. You may think of changing the tires of your car with the ones with high profiles (bigger sidewalls).
    The ride will surely improve with lot more masking to the harshness of suspension & bouncing of the car. You can have a trial on some worn out tires with higher profile & then decide on the same if it suits you.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Hi Doctor,

I have same issue with my 2013 Punto 90HP. Thought it was due to faulty tyres, but the issue seems something else.

I have booked an appointment on Saturday with service center guys, let's see what they have to comment on the same.

I believe the increase in GC has affected the suspension setup in post 2012 models. From 0 to 60 kmph speeds the ride is very bad and causes discomfort. Especially on rough patches !!!

I shall keep you posted once the issue is resolved.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

hey Imranshks
    while you visit, could you also check with the service guys whether FIAT has changed the suspension design for 2013 (April onwards) cars? I learnt in another thread on TFI that some changes have happened on the rear suspension and perhaps the front too.
    Thanks!
    1 person likes this.
  9. re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

Suspension is more hard in 2012 models and due to the increased gc cornering at high speeds is not so confidence inspiring.But there is absolutely no problems at speeds below 80.
    Reduce the rear tyres air to 30psi, should be good enough for bad and no roads.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    re: Bumpy ride of 2012 FIATS- Any solutions?

@wolverine_arnab tried that, still no luck. Changed the set of tyres to Apollo Acelers, still no luck. Finally, gave and up and fixed an appointment with service center guys.

This bumpy ride is too much of a discomfort, I have no issues with the handling part as we get to do cornerings only on few occasions but we ride every day :)

I can totally relate to the prob Dr.Stephen is facing as I am also the victim of same problem and hunting for the solution.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2