1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Yes. I vouch for poor AC of i20 and this was one of the reasons, I rejected it and chose Punto.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Hi Samanth_Passi
    Related to your post where your Linea's ride is smooth compared to your Punto's bumpy, could you tell if your Punto is a 2012 spec. car having the upgraded GC? If yes, the speed breaker effect (low speed ride quality) that you mentioned about your Punto is by design.
    2 people like this.
  3. charan

charan

Bangalore
    I agree with the Punto's back thud when you go over a speed breaker or a pothole, there is a very strong sound from the back but I have got adjusted to it .

Since Fiat doesn't make soft suspension as Hyundai, maruti etc these are minor glitches that needs to be ignored, the suspensions of the cars we drive are amazing, infact THE best on the Indian roads

But as far as Samanth's issues are concerned there needs to be a thorough check done, he has mentioned quite a lot of issues and of course most of them are driver oriented but most of us have faced 1 or 2 of the issues he has mentioned and its a sheer bad luck that he is facing most of the issues.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be punto should be tested with i20 suspensions :evilsmile ,later one can see mini volvo in punto whenever going on bad patch.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have experienced this from front and rear suspensions, both when going over a speed bump or even when the front part of the car is in the air. This is how suspension functions may be,reaching a depression on the road is like the suspension kicks or pushes down and makes that strange sound.This is present for all cars.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Bumpy Ride Punto 90HP

@Ganges maybe he is trying to compare i20's suspension on smooth road below 40km/hr... And if that's the case, I would agree that i20 can outsmart Punto in the suspension department. But beyond 40 km/hr its no comparison :p

The above statement is with respect to the post 2012 GC upgraded suspension.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This sound is there for 2011 punto's as well.
    We need thread owner views badly :D
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@Ganges LOL...you are right... :D but on a serious note, its not just about the sound, its about the bumpy ride below 40km/hr.. I sometimes suspect the Goodyear GT3 for it but post 40km/hr its all fine and no complaints except for the road noise...

However, booked service slot at Vecto this weekend.. shall get it diagnosed :thumbup:

1 person likes this.
  9. charan

charan

Bangalore
    The possibilities for bumpy ride could be the tyre pressure, anything above 32 Psi would make it bumpy.

Usually few service station guys advice you to make it to 35PSi as its is summer and the air check becomes frequent but 32 Psi is good enough.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

@charan I always insist to keep 32psi in summer winter or rainy seasons :)

I agree that tyre pressure has a bit to contribute to the bumpy ride but major culprit most of the times is the suspension setup.