1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bumpy ride - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by soori, Feb 22, 2012.

1. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr

Dear magnan
    you are right!!I have two fiat's with me and i own how much problems do these cars create and top it all fiat keeps on sleeping over the issues and does not help the comsumer!!Ever second or the third day either of the two have something going wrong in them!!!I feel cheated when i get to know the kind of prices fiat is charging and the quality and duration these spares with stand!!! I can give you a example my esteem did 180000 kms and i20-50000kms and till date there a/c is working wonders and on them other hand it's been 1 year since the a/c is not working in my linea, sometimes the pipes can not stand the pressure and that to which cost Rs36,000:(,when i got the pipes fixed fan stopped working,when i got the fan into working conduction, the cooling coil is now under question!!!I have already spend around Rs10,000 and still think more will go into it,brakes need to be changed ever @ 20,000 kms(which cost 4000 in TASS),my esteem brakes costs around 750 tvs make go for 50,000 kms!!!fiat charge high and in return give low quality standards in there spare's!!!

Now the case with punto
    It's a new car done around 22,000 kms,there are a whole lot of problems in it.
    1.A/c cooling is lower then the other cars in it's section.
    2.Very bumpy ride,
    3.When ever there is speed breaker it jumps like hell!!!!! And it looks like the whole back-side part of the car is just going to come out on road.
    3.Fuel sensor has stopped working< original cost around 8500>
    4.Noise coming from steering wheel.
    5.BCM stopped working automatically@15,000kms(paid 4000 to fiat just to get it repaired)<never ever="" i="" had="" got="" this="" kind="" of="" issues="" from="" maruti,hyundai="" or="" be="" in="" tata="">
    5.Very low average of around 10-12 kmpl!! (that to achieved using system d)
    6.Blue and me stops working(no media found).
    7.I could not service my vehicle according to time period so global do not pass my extended warranty claims!!!when my vehicle does not need a service why should i get one,it costs me money and on the other hand my vehicle is up to date with km's period service.Had same issues with maruti but they went ahead and i got extended warranty, but fiat is fiat they made me very unhappy and despite me mailing and requesting them for over a month nothing happened.

I am so unhappy with fiat that i had purchased two swift's for my office last month and i did not go for punto since The after sales is very bad and expensive "be it tata or fiat handling the case".My family was once thinking we did the wrong decision to buy fiat!!!!And some what i still think the thought to be right!!!!!

Hope you all would understand!!!A car crazy person like me is so unsatisfied such that ever day there is something getting wrong in these cars, what would happen to a person who is a nerd and not has proper knowledge about the product!!!

It's natural for machines to brake down and there get fixed up but it's not natural for machines to brake down each and everyday and cause trouble!!!

I was thinking and made efforts 2 months back to sell them (linea and punto) both but the valuation were so wrong that could not do it.:( My family had invested there hard earned money and i am very

God help me!!!Amen</never>
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Samanth,
    Sorry to hear about your ride,may be your vehicle missed the quality check in the factory itselves.i have done more than 60K Kms and most of it was long run and never faced any of the above issue.i really doubt is punto made only for highways ?

This should have taken care by FIAT about the centralization of service history,everytime i visit i have to explain the previous histroy to TASS,ridiculous.Our area doesnt even have FIAT showroom now and TASS are behaving like hell.
    2 people like this.
  3. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    Ganges i when went to FASS but nothing happened since it was told that my service record is not proper!!!what the hell!!! how can fiat say that when the things need to be changed/serviced then only i will service na,whats the point of servicing my vehicle when ever thing is proper and it regularly checked by TASS.

The TASS service(abs motors) where i give my car is really very good,till date i did not have any issues, they handle thier consumers cars very nicely, and they tried there level best that if i could get a warranty claim, but no fiat did not do that!!!
  4. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    To All Esperto and Moderators,

Dear Sirs,

IMHO, You people should escalate such issues with Fiate on behalf of the members of this forum and arrange for rectification. Yes, Please do behave like Consumer Redressal Forum if Fiat is not listening to them. A fresh discussion is required to be initiated. Team Fiat should not restrict itself up to Praising FIAT but come forward and Press FIAT whenever required.
    2 people like this.
  5. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    To all,

I would like to state the fact that i am very sorry if i have hurt any one's feeling regarding the brand fiat but on the other hand you all also try to understand my conduction my friends!!! Each and every day there is a new problem coming in my fiat's!!

Further to that i would like to tell you all my friends that i was also a fiat lover much more than anyone of you could be now,my uncle in the 80's used to drive his original fiat 1100.In my family their has been three generations of fiat's(fiat 1100, fiat palio nv, fiat linea, fiat punto)

Now since times have changed so i am also forced to changed due to the day to day experiences/problems i am having in my fiat's.

At the end i would like to tell you all that i have tried to sent p.m to the moderators but it is not going so i would request you all moderators to sent me a test email.id on my i.d i:e samanth.passi@gmail.com for the claims and answers asked by you all.

I will be very grateful to any team fiat member who put's up in south delhi to come and drive both my cars feel the problems which i am facing in reality!!!Plz feel free to contact me at samanth.passi@gmail.com.

Thank you and enjoy your sunday!!

God bless
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Well Samanth, I have seen your post in a new thread which got locked for certain reasons. Based on your above statement, you should keep in mind that a car is a machine and it's manufacturer knows it's standards and recommends certain servicing intervals. Vehicle may run properly without servicing, but it may fail over a period of time. It's not just Fiat. You can take even Hyundai or Maruti (your favorite car manufacturers) as an example and check with them for warranty if you don't service as per schedule. If you are unable to service your vehicle on time, then you are to be blamed.

Kindly provide details on how you arrived at this decision. AC filter cleaning must be done at servicing intervals at least to avoid such issues (you missed it. There is no technology for an automatic cleaning). I am very much satisfied with the AC performance in my Punto.

2.Very bumpy ride,
    On what kind of road? If on a smooth road, then you gotta check your tyre pressure and then suspension. If on a bumpy road, it's obvious any car will give a bumpy ride. If you don't address issues then and there, you can spoil something bigger and end up with such a post.

3.When ever there is speed breaker it jumps like hell!!!!! And it looks like the whole back-side part of the car is just going to come out on road.
    At what speeds do you generally run over a speed breaker to make it jump like hell? And based on your argument, do you say i20 gives stable ride on similar speed breakers?

5.BCM stopped working automatically@15,000kms(paid 4000 to fiat just to get it repaired)
    May be due to skipping of regular check up.

What kind of noise?? Again may be due to skipping of regular service.

<never ever="" i="" had="" got="" this="" kind="" of="" issues="" from="" maruti,hyundai="" or="" be="" in="" tata="" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(222, 222, 222);">5.Very low average of around 10-12 kmpl!! (that to achieved using system d)
    Highly dependent on how you drive and how you maintain your car.

What version of Blue & Me are you on? Did you upgrade? Again, if you'd have taken it for regular service, you must be running later version.

7.I could not service my vehicle according to time period so global do not pass my extended warranty claims!!!when my vehicle does not need a service why should i get one,it costs me money and on the other hand my vehicle is up to date with km's period service.Had same issues with maruti but they went ahead and i got extended warranty, but fiat is fiat they made me very unhappy and despite me mailing and requesting them for over a month nothing happened.
    What did Maruti replace under extended warranty? and what did Fiat refuse?

Sorry to say that I don't understand any of your point Sammanth. </never>Looks like you keep skipping service schedules for all your cars. It doesn't make sense for your car to function perfectly when you don't provide what it needs. Show us a manufacturer who agrees to all your claims. It's a car with advanced mechanisms and it does deserve servicing at scheduled intervals. I'm seriously wondering, how you fail to understand this simple point after owning so many brands of cars.
  7. Bumpy Ride Punto 90HP

With respect to the bumpy ride, are the alloys / tyres / air in the tyres correct ? Do you face the bumpiness on not so smooth roads ? How about the ride on smooth paved roads ? What's the GC of the car? Hyundai etc are know for softer ride and their suspension is set on the softer side while Fiats are tuned towards handling, for a lay man that might not make much sense though.
  8. samanth passi

samanth passi

ncr
    Hello Pdydeva

I guess you got me wrong !!My vehicle has been properly serviced by TASS according to the kilometer schedule and only one service was done not according to the time schedule that is the 20,000 kms service and there has been running repairs also carried out,so the car was constantly checked and repaired by TASS timely!!

Kindly provide details on how you arrived at this decision. AC filter cleaning must be done at servicing intervals at least to avoid such issues (you missed it. There is no technology for an automatic cleaning). I am very much satisfied with the AC performance in my Punto.

Answer1. I know that a/c filter"pollen filter" should be cleaned after each and every 6-7 months and this has been done on my punto by TASS and by me myself!!
    Got the a/c checked by TASS and FASS reply was it was "constant" which means working to the maximum it can work!!

For the details how i arrived at this decision is that i have felt the difference in the performance between punto, i20 and swift!!!!

well I will get the a/c checked of my punto and i20 by a common technical person ,then will post the pictures of that report also, so that you could see the reports!!

2.Very bumpy ride,
    On what kind of road? If on a smooth road, then you gotta check your tyre pressure and then suspension. If on a bumpy road, it's obvious any car will give a bumpy ride. If you don't address issues then and there, you can spoil something bigger and end up with such a post.

Answer 2. I am talking about city driving and in delhi,you have mixture of both the kinds of roads. Early i used to keep normal air but now i have got nitrogen put in my tyres with the air pressure of 30-32 ps!!
    Thank you my friend for telling me that if i drive on bumpy roads, i will get a bumpy ride, i thought i would get a smooth ride!!:p

My dear i have address these issues and further i would like to add i have also changed my tyres to yokohama a drive 195/60x15,last month only!!
    My ome tyres could not stand for 23,000 kms when the balancing and alignment were carried out after every 2000 kms.

After all this also the bumpy ride is still felt in the car, by me or anyone who sits in it!!!

You can personally check the car if you want my friend !!!!

At what speeds do you generally run over a speed breaker to make it jump like hell? And based on your argument, do you say i20 gives stable ride on similar speed breakers?

Answer 3. Like i told you i am talking about city driving in this post so buddy the speed is a max of say 20 kmph because if jump the car over the speed braker without applying brakes or drive over a speedbraker then it would result in damaging the car.

And yes my Dear friend i20 gives me more stable ride not handling on the same roads then that to punto,further to that i would like to add that i own a linea also and on those same roads my linea's ride is by far best even better than a audi!! When i am in my linea it's like i do not feel a thing!!!!

5.BCM stopped working automatically@15,000kms(paid 4000 to fiat just to get it repaired)
    May be due to skipping of regular check up.

Answer 3&5. Buddy these things have nothing to do with servicing and if they would be then also as i told my vehicle was under constant check by TASS so it would be taken care under running repairs also.Further to that i would like to these are electrical parts not mechanical parts!!

What kind of noise?? Again may be due to skipping of regular service.

Answer 4. This noise is coming from the steering wheel and looks like this sound is coming because there is a nut which has come out of the housing assembly near the wheel!!! This issue was in the car from the starting only and many efforts have by carried out by TASS but then also failed in solving it!!!

Answer 4.

<never ever="" i="" had="" got="" this="" kind="" of="" issues="" from="" maruti,hyundai="" or="" be="" in="" tata="">5.Very low average of around 10-12 kmpl!! (that to achieved using system d)
    Highly dependent on how you drive and how you maintain your car.

</never>
    <never ever="" i="" had="" got="" this="" kind="" of="" issues="" from="" maruti,hyundai="" or="" be="" in="" tata="">Answer 5. I think you think i have kept my as a piece of trash but i would like to tell you this buddy my car is handled with the best possible means and genuine efforts are carried out in keeping it is the best possible conduction!!!
    </never><never ever="" i="" had="" got="" this="" kind="" of="" issues="" from="" maruti,hyundai="" or="" be="" in="" tata="">
    </never>
    <never ever="" i="" had="" got="" this="" kind="" of="" issues="" from="" maruti,hyundai="" or="" be="" in="" tata="">My linea gives me an average of 24+ in highway and in city 15 kmpl!!! Now what do you think of my driving!!!
    </never><never ever="" i="" had="" got="" this="" kind="" of="" issues="" from="" maruti,hyundai="" or="" be="" in="" tata="">

What version of Blue & Me are you on? Did you upgrade? Again, if you'd have taken it for regular service, you must be running later version.

Answer 6. buddy i have got 5.5 installed and when ever i try to update it it gives me a error "no media found" further i would like you to know that it was checked by TASS time after time and on 23/04/2013 was checked by FASS and stated it was working fine but after 2-3 days it again stopped working!!"no media found"

What did Maruti replace under extended warranty? and what did Fiat refuse?

Sorry to say that I don't understand any of your point Sammanth. </never>Looks like you keep skipping service schedules for all your cars. It doesn't make sense for your car to function perfectly when you don't provide what it needs. Show us a manufacturer who agrees to all your claims. It's a car with advanced mechanisms and it does deserve servicing at scheduled intervals. I'm seriously wondering, how you fail to understand this simple point after owning so many brands of cars.

Answer 7.My dear i have stated that "I guess you got me wrong !!My vehicle has been properly serviced by TASS according to the kilometer schedule and only one service was done not according to the time schedule that is the 20,000 kms service and there has been running repairs also carried out further the car was constantly checked and repaired by TASS timely!!"

which means that when ever there was any thing needed my car was given before only!!! The 20,000 km service which i am taking about was carried on 19,000 kms which means 1,000 kms before and was service 6 months late then the time period schedule due to some unavoidable reasons!!

Hope you understand what i tried to explain to you!!!

If you want to check and drive the vehicle plz feel free to contact me my friend and experience it yourself!!!
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Samanth Passi: Would you be able to post your vehicle registration numbers of your punto and linea? If you dont want to post it on the open forum, you can feel free to send me a PM. Lets see what all is replaced/repaired in your car and what time frames. It will help us to understand if the diagnosis is done correctly.

On the AC part when you say i20 even with climate control is good, all one can do is laugh it out. i20 has got one of the weakest AC's in the premium hatch segment. Not telling you from hearsay, the AC isn't good enough to handle even the Bangalore heat, so forget about handling the Delhi heat.

I would comment further when you provide your vehicle details and I go through the service history.
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    There is difference between running repairs and scheduled service. Suppose you do running repairs this week and your scheduled service is to be done next week, you still have to do the scheduled service. When you do the running repair, you have an option to tell the SC to complete the scheduled service also along with it. That is why you have a service book with slips for each scheduled service.
    2 people like this.